Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book... >

Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

Old 03-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

My beloved Bitsy went to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge recently and it was a very tragic time for me.
Gaigai sent me the most beautiful book and I think it could be very soothing to children too.
It has angel-children and the pictures are very inspiring to the creative soul.
It was written in honor of the author's pet bunny,
Fluff 'n Stuff.

Front of book sent by gaigai :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15821[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15822[/ATTACH]

A Very Sweet Card From Quilter7x! :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15823[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15821.jpe   attachment-15822.jpe   attachment-15823.jpe  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:14 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Its really difficult to lose a furry friend... HUGS
Old 03-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

I also received a book called, Hooked On Feathers by Sally Terry from drivingsusan.
Since it was a quilting book, I posted it on Main under the thread: Have you ever got a book from Connecting Threads...
(how could she have possibly known I looked at this very book and put on my wish list for 'someday'!)
I want to thank each and every person again, for all the support, the love and hugs and well wishes DH and I received during this time.
I am very grateful that this is such a caring quilting community! love and hugs, qcMousie :-D
Old 03-18-2010, 02:16 PM

I'm so sorry you lost your fur baby. It's so hard for us.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:23 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. They are family members. Bitsy has gone ahead, and is waiting...
Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM

i am also sorry for your losses, it is hard and can be depressing. i lost my rotty a couple years ago..and she is missed even today.even my other dog, wandered the house looking for his "sister" for a few weeks.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I also received a book called, Hooked On Feathers by Sally Terry from drivingsusan.
Since it was a quilting book, I posted it on Main under the thread: Have you ever got a book from Connecting Threads...
(how could she have possibly known I looked at this very book and put on my wish list for 'someday'!)
I want to thank each and every person again, for all the support, the love and hugs and well wishes DH and I received during this time.
I am very grateful that this is such a caring quilting community! love and hugs, qcMousie :-D
Mousie, I'm sorry for your loss, it's hard I know.

If it makes you feel any better I am sure my sweet dog, Tasha, has already taken her in hand and is making her feel welcome. Everyone still talks about how sweet Tasha was. In addition, my mockingbird, Gracie, will be singing to her and will warn off any enemies! She was little and sweet but she was feisty! I lost Tasha almost six years ago and Gracie this year but they live on in my heart and still make me smile when I think of them.
Andi
Old 03-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

I'm so sorry about your fur baby. I have a few waiting for me. I miss them all.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 PM

I had never experienced the loss of a pet until a year ago this past October.

My Cody was almost 18 years old when he finally crossed the Rainbow Bridge. He had been a gift from a previous roommate when he was 8 weeks old.

We had been through a lot together, good times and bad. Unfortunately, I was out of town when he passed. It was the saddest time of my life and writing this has brought tears to my eyes.

I was lucky enough to have a wonderful after hours clinic here. They took an impression of his paw and took a clipping of the beautiful silver hair from around his ears for me.

It always amazes me, the love and compassion we receive from other people that have been "owned" by an animal, be it a cat or dog or bird.

Remember the good times. They are not really gone, they will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

xoxo

Cody 1991 - 2008
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-16806.jpe  
Old 03-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

thank you pocoellie, Quilt mom, wattersTide,littlehud,
lilaciris, and Andil.
I'm sorry for all these babies that have gone on, and it does help to know that your loves have greeted mine and they are all together now.
I learned one week after Bitsy passed, that my kitty, Ginger has feline aids.
She looks very healthy and will stay indoors to give her as long a loving life as I can provide.
I think we would all agree that having these loving companions to oversee our quilting is a lot of joy to be blessed with in today's world.