Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you let the seller know that your items arrived? >

Do you let the seller know that your items arrived?

Do you let the seller know that your items arrived?

Old 11-25-2010, 03:40 AM

I really would like to know that the package made it..even though i always ship with tracking, i have no idea if it actually made it to you!
Could you please let the person know, that you got it! As a rule, i let you know that is was shipped, and try to remember to give you the tracking number..so you can look for it.

I am not looking for a "Thank you"..i am worried about the package, and you getting what you paid for.

I have tried to keep up with feedback here too..as a courtesy to people who may be anxiuos about buying things from people here..so they know it is a good thing.

This is what i read this morning..that brought this to mind..
"Missing Packages thread"
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-78484-1.htm
Old 11-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by watterstide
I really would like to know that the package made it..even though i always ship with tracking, i have no idea if it actually made it to you!
Could you please let the person know, that you got it! As a rule, i let you know that is was shipped, and try to remember to give you the tracking number..so you can look for it.

I am not looking for a "Thank you"..i am worried about the package, and you getting what you paid for.

I have tried to keep up with feedback here too..as a courtesy to people who may be anxiuos about buying things from people here..so they know it is a good thing.

This is what i read this morning..that brought this to mind..
"Missing Packages thread"
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-78484-1.htm
Yes, and sadly, I didn't have a good outcome, from the point of view that the goods didn't arrive. It turned out that I wasn't the only one, and thankfully I had paid through Pay Pal and got my money back. I haven't seen any posts from the seller since then either.

I think though, that it was an isolated event, or at least, just one seller, and that doesn't mean that any of the other sellers here are the same, and if anyone else had something I wanted, my experience wouldn't put me off.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:00 AM

I understand and know about the incident your referring too. it was so sad,hurtful and people lost money they couldn't afford to loose.

this thread is not meant to bring up old wounds, and i am sorry this happened to such good people here..

this is about letting someone know you got what you ordered..
Feedback is optional, i am not worried about wether i get feedback or not, it used to upset me on ebay..no feedback left.
but i am no longer concerned about that anymore. it is just about making sure it,what you bought, made it to the right hands..
Old 11-25-2010, 04:05 AM

I haven't bought anything from you but I have twice bought from others here at the board with perfect results.
But you've got me wondering if I let them know that their packages arrived.
So, emsgranny and quiltergirl80, I got your packages on time. I'm sorry if I didn't let you know. And thank you.
And thanks for this thread.
It's a good idea and I'll be more diligent about letting the seller know from now on.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:08 AM

I have only done this one time and it was a good experience. The lady did right by me.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:09 AM

They may not see this..but you could PM them or leave them feedback..even if it is late..it would make them feel better.
thanks for your reply..

I sold a beautiful quilt, on ebay, it made me sick,not getting a confirmation from them, or feedback..

but now i look at it as, no news is good news!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
They may not see this..but you could PM them or leave them feedback..even if it is late..it would make them feel better.
thanks for your reply..

I sold a beautiful quilt, on ebay, it made me sick,not getting a confirmation from them, or feedback..

but now i look at it as, no news is good news!
I checked my list of PMs and I'm embarrassed to admit I don't see a post to them from me :oops: :oops:
But I did leave feedback for them so I'm not a total poop.. lol
Old 11-25-2010, 04:25 AM

I've always PM the seller but don't know how to leave feedback. Can someone tell me how?
Old 11-25-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by scrapykate
I've always PM the seller but don't know how to leave feedback. Can someone tell me how?
if you click on thier board name..it will bring up thier profile, scan down and you will see :
"Feedback/rating": (10, positive 100.0% (list))

once you click on that,you will see:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_fe...p?usernum=8988

This is mine as an example..lol

thanks for asking!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:45 AM

Thanks, will go and leave feedback now:-)