Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you think fabric sales have gone down >

do you think fabric sales have gone down

do you think fabric sales have gone down

Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM

I've been trying to use up a lot of my stash. So much of it I bought for specific quilts and just never made them. Taking a class in a few weeks and need to go in and get the fabric at LQS. Guess I'll find out how much it's gone up. I did buy some men's shirts at thrift shops this week and was lucky enough to find colors I could use together and a beautiful hibiscus print. It feels better than any fabric I've seen in shops for a long time.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:47 PM

i haven't purchased much since b4 christmas.. because i am going to the north carolina quilter's symposium in june & i have to save all my $$ for that...

going with my oldest & best friend from MI & staying with her sister in NC haven't counted down the days yet... but will soon
Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 AM

I've got enough fabric to last the rest of my life, even if I quilt every day. However, I can't stop buying:>) With the price increase, my buying habits have changed though. I've always bought sales, bargain bins, thrift stores, online sales, etc. and I've always just bought fabrics I like(without regard to matching them). Now I buy almost exclusively "online" (except for 40% coupons and thrift stores), always on sale and usually I buy a particular designer/line in different colors.