Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone have Angel fish or any other kinds? >

Does anyone have Angel fish or any other kinds?

Does anyone have Angel fish or any other kinds?

Old 09-09-2016, 03:37 AM

Is that a mirror on the back of the tank?
Old 09-09-2016, 03:51 AM

Lovely. I had tropicals for about 15 years. They are so much fun to watch and it really is relaxing. I moved someplace where I really didn't have a good place for them so no more fish. I did have angels but the ones that gave me the most fun were the black mollies. I came home from work one day and was trying to fish out what I thought was a stray piece of charcoal when it swam away!! I was so excited and those babies were so cute.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

I have two gold fish, a black molly and a regular gold fish, in a two gallon glass bowl with air pump. My two grands discovered the fish at Walmart were for sale. LOL
Old 09-09-2016, 06:24 AM

When gds (2), were small I thought it would be fun for them when they visited....they lived three blocks away, so visiting was often.......bought an average size tank, all the fixings, and let them pick out fish. Nice variety..cool at first, then fish began to die off, must replace them! Then tank needs to " really get cleaned"... And guess who had to do that. About two yrs later, girls were no longer interested, I got tired of replacing fish, so it all got dumped! Had parakeets at one time too...messy! Now just dog & cat...life is so much easier.......
Old 09-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

I'm glad you can enjoy them. I had a fish tank and it was more than I wanted to deal with. Came home one evening after work only to see a discoloration in the water and my 2 angel and another couple (can't remember species) were dead. I smelled coffee. One of son's friends girlfriend splashed some of her espresso in my tank. I was so mad. Made her pay for it. I think they're beautiful and happy for you. Thought it was going to be a bad Craig's List post.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:21 AM

WOW, before I moved I have an outside koi pond and oh I just loved it. It was about 1500 gallons and every year I had so many babies. It was amazing to watch them grow. We can't have one where we moved.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:08 AM

Looks like you have some pearlscale angels and some Black marbled ones from the pictures. I love Anglefish. They are so graceful looking when swimming around.
I just took down my tanks due to arthritis problems--( I had the Koi angels). 22 tanks was to much work--so now I just quilt
I do have my small pond next to my flowerbed though- now I just watch the goldfish & Koi swim around.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:02 AM

*** Fish tank watching is soooo soothing.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

You're very fortunate. We used to have several fish tanks, including a salt water tank. We bought a pair of breeding angels with the hope of selling the babies, however, we managed to shorter their life span a whole lot and lost them both. I do love the angel fish though.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:54 PM

Thanks everyone, I think I would be lost without it, I just love to watch them swimming around. I have had them breed but never hatched.