Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know what this is?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
    Let us know if you win.
    June, anyone who could give them the name of it got 30% off one item in the store. If you bought fabric, it was up to a 4 yard cut. I've wanted this ruler for a long time, but promised myself I wouldn't buy it unless I could get it on sale! This was my lucky day because of all of you!

country living outside of Natchitoches, La.
    Congratulations !!!!!

Sounds like a fun shop. Enjoy your ruler; I love Creative Grids rulers.
    June

I think it is a tea bag holder to remove the teabag out of the cup.
    Linda

It looks like it would hold a serge thread spool. At least I would try it. Maybe it would suck down to a table top.
    Now I will have to find one.

my husband says its for tea to keep the bag in your cup, tea bag buddy it is called
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Hi Grandma Mary, I think I may know what this is !! Years ago I had a sewing machine that had design disks that you changed out. This was precomputerized machines. They worked. The design on the knob part was the design it sewed. Good Luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
    cjr is correct attatching link for the exact one.
    http://www.theodmgroup.com/2012/08/2...r-tea-company/
    Tea Bag Holder/Mug Lid

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!!!!!!
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Blog Entries
    To me it looks like a wax block to run your thread through for hand quilting.

Happydaze
    Daughter of the King

Would you believe I got one of these as a giveaway from a realty company at a local home show just a few months ago. LOL No description to what it was far, just stuck in a giveaway bag. Now I know.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I never would have guessed it was for a tea bag. Neat idea and fun game. Thanks for letting us play.

WOW! you guys are great at finding that. What an ingenious idea! Hope you win the ruler!

I love all the ideas here! So many creative minds coming up with all these potential uses for this little gizmo! The real use looks really handy, too. And you got a great ruler!! I have two in that size (different brand), and I use those two rulers more than all my other rulers put together.

DH & I play a similar guessing game in thrift shops, trying to figure out what weird things are and making silly things up to make each other laugh if we can't figure it out. Sometimes people overhear us and will inform us what the thing really is, and that can be really funny too, especially if the other person thinks we're seriously believing our silly ideas.

When you find out what it is, please let us know.
    Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

I want to get one of those for my husband - he's broken two tiny glass bowls so far, as he puts his tea bag in at the end of the island, and than later comes by and accidentally knocks them off. I only have one left and told him "HANDS OFF" so he's using a plastic food container now.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I just bought one of these - or it looked exactly like it - for my girlfriend's birthday. Got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. You put it on top of your tea cup to keep your tea warm. The string from the tea bag goes thru the "slot" on top. AND you can put the tea bag on the bottom side and squeeze it to get the tea out.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do.

is it a thread waxier looks like u would run ur thread up and through

Blog Entries
    This would make a great gift for my coworker!!! She loves tea! Thanks for asking the question. 😃
    Is there such a thing as too much fabric?

It is a tea bag holder, I have one in white. sorry I'm a day late on this one!
    Kasey 1937 221-1 Featherweight, Red Eye Singer Treadle 66-1, 2 301's both long and short bed, 403, Free Number 5 Treadle, Jones hand crank Kenmore 158 19131, Viking Lilly 555

It might be a tea bag holder but if I had one I think I could find a couple other things to use it for in the sewing room. It looks like it would be great for conditioning thread for hand sewing/quilting. Or as a base for a thread cone behind the machine. Or ?????

it looks like the tea bag lid I have. Mine is a silicon the string of the tea bag goes through the slit in the side and along the top, then you set the flat part on you cup or mug to keep the heat in. When you tea is steeped you have the string ti take it out and can give it a squeeze with the flat part,
    Last edited by CanukNana; 03-17-2015 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typing errors

Blog Entries
    The otherside of the dome must be a hole. If a bobbin went in there and the thread as Tartan says it is to keep both together? The slit could be to put ends through to prevent them getting every where.
    Finished is better than a UFO

It appears to me to be a thread cutter. I'm seeing a tiny dark spot on the bottom slit that could be a tiny blade. Anyone else notice it??

I have one and use it all the time. It's flexible so you can squeeze the tea bag. You can keep the tea bag inside it and use it again. It is a wonderful invention!
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Tea bag holder. Did you win?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast