Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone wear panty hose anymore? >

Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Old 07-29-2013, 12:28 AM

What I think is unprofessional is for the CEO to make comments about the appearance of professional women at the conference to your DH.

You don't say whether your DH is his subordinate, or whether you are, or both. Either way, if the CEO has views, let him put a proposal for a change in dress code, which, if agreed, would be clear as to what the company requires. Then if women breach it, it can be approached in a very clear way as a breach of dress code.

In the absence of a stipulation in the dress code, the CEO is making himself ridiculous by bitching about it with your DH.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
I have not worn panty hose in years because they are uncomfortable and hurt my stomach. I have reflux and cannot stand any type of clothing that is binding. I wore thigh-hi hosiery for years but I cannot find them anymore. Just recently I purchased pantyhose because I am desperate. I don't think the young people wear hosiery anymore and that's fine. I personally would never wear shoes without hosiery because it would make your foot stick to the shoe. I'm from the old school, guess I am showing my age.
I've bought all my support hose for many years from National, and they have the regular nylons too, in every style. Call for a catalog, or order online. 1 (800) 480 4673 or <cite>www.shopnational.com I have no affiliation with them, just like their products and service.</cite>
Old 07-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

noveltyjunkie, please watch your language on this forum. it's a quilting forum, not a podium! other than that, you are correct.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:21 AM

If I am not allowed to say bit&&ing, I apologize. I thought it was acceptable as a verb, if not as a noun, and I chose it to make a counterpoint on the expectations society has of men and women. (The verb not generally being used to apply to men, even when that is what they are doing!)

As you say, probably not the right place to make my point, but that was and is my view on this matter.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 AM

I agree totally! BUT, I'm retired with blinding white legs and out of the business world. You'd have to fight me to get me into those things anymore!!