Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does your kitty do this?

oh yes, they like to get in the tub and the bathroom sink..

All the cats we used to have were originally from Japan and they never did this. Is that because he is American Short Haired kind??LOL

YES My husbands cat does this ,when we married about a year i was always turning the water off, the he would cry (the cat not husband)

We haven't started this. My mother cat gets into the tub when it is almost empty and follows the water to the drain, lapping the tub dry!

Flower used to like to play in the bathtub too. Sometimes he'd take a toy, like one of those plastic balls with the bell in it, and dump it in there. It goes round and round quite nicely and it's hard to lose it in the bathtub!

Yep, my cat Sugarbear has been doing this for over a month now.

sugarbear
    Name:  Attachment-63484.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  75.7 KB

we had a cat that would drink from the faucet in the bathroom every morning. She would also drink from her water bowl. we bought flowing fountain after she passed away and now our 3 cats drink from that. they drink a lot of water now. .

Quote Originally Posted by sewmom
    we had a cat that would drink from the faucet in the bathroom every morning. She would also drink from her water bowl. we bought flowing fountain after she passed away and now our 3 cats drink from that. they drink a lot of water now. .
    Funny you would mention that because just this morning my DH said he was going to look for one for the same reason. :lol:

Maybe cats are so clever that they know fresh running water tastes better.

My cat Polly also like to drink from the faucet. She wouldn't get into the shower with me but, to be "with" me, she'd jump from the bathroom sink onto the top of the open door so she could see me over the shower doors! (She's also the one that could straight up the front of the refrigerator. Silly cat!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Ok you have to check out this video, my cat drinks from faucets but this is the goofiest cat drinking from a faucet I have ever seen. I think THIS kitty wins the award for biggest fish out there!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UTdhK0lwuw
    LMAO!!!!!! Oh my goodness that is FUNNY!

Blog Entries
    teri, glad you made it home okay. and yes, us moms, whether it's animals or kids, never get to go to the bathroom alone. and you ladies just wait, later on in yrs, then papa will say to you, "why don't you shut the door?" go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by youme
    Maybe cats are so clever that they know fresh running water tastes better.
    It's instinct-felines in the wild would drink from flowing streams. They still havetose instincts even though they are domesticated.

My cat Midnight dips his paw into the water bowl and then lick it off his paw. A cat I use to have would tap the water bowl to get the water moving, then he would drink it.
    I have another cat that likes to get into the bathtub - no water, sometimes he just lays there. The cats do not get on the kitchen counters and have never drank out of the faucet. Another of my cats likes to get on my lap while I use the toilet - if I forget to close the door. I will leave it open if no one is home.

My silly old kitty waits for DH to finish showering then practically runs him over and jumps in the shower when he opens the door! She just started doing that about 2 months ago.

Youme I have a Domestic Shorthair cat and he is afraid of running water. He will dip his paw in the bowl and lick it off.

He does dip his paw in the bowl,too. LOL

I am trying to take a pic of him unlocking the fasten lock, but he never does it when I aim my camera to him. Hmmm, does he recognize it a mischief and he should not do it?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Ok you have to check out this video, my cat drinks from faucets but this is the goofiest cat drinking from a faucet I have ever seen. I think THIS kitty wins the award for biggest fish out there!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UTdhK0lwuw
    That is HILARIOUS!

My FurBaby (Snoozer) drinks out of the bathtub. I give him fresh water and he will drink out of a puddle outside or the bath tub first. My other FurBaby (BooBear) liked to watch the toilet when it was flushed. He never drank out of it or got in -- THANK GOD! - but he loved to watch the water swirl around and go out. I am glad he didn't know how to work the handle!

I have one that does that. It's so funny to watch.

One of mine does and as much as I hate to say this he loves the toliet too!!

You guys think you have problems! Take a look at this video... and this cat isn't the only one I've found on YouTube!
    http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...7D33B652230939

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful cat but I'd find the water shutoff valve behind the toilet and limit kitty on his flushing!

Quote Originally Posted by QBeth
    You guys think you have problems! Take a look at this video... and this cat isn't the only one I've found on YouTube!
    http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...7D33B652230939
    That was so cute!!!

Yesterday I watched my female kitty chase her own tail -- it was just hilarious....have never seen a cat do that before!! :lol: :lol:

*LOL* My cats LOVE water.. the bathtub water runs and here comes all 3..they have to watch it. Then if it drips, OMGosh, they fight to see who gets the drips from the faucet! We have to keep the toilet lids down as they'll get in there and drink the water.. eeeeeeewwwwwww! Have an cup of water on the counter and lil missy Bella decides she NEEDS to drink out of it (not the other 2, they know better), but Bella thinks she's cute and can get away with it.. NOT!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast