Dog Hair

Old 05-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Power Poster

LOL, I have a blonde, golden retriever, and reddish yellow lab and a brindle bulldog. Plus 4 cats, all black and gray. I think the short haired pets shed more than the long haired ones do, lol! I do vacumn and sweep alot, never put on my work clothes, til I am almost leeaving, and cover all my furniture up with quilts and sheets, and wash them often. Lint rollars are a must at our house, too....
Old 05-15-2010, 04:01 AM

Has anyone ever heard of doing this. An old remendy that works pretty well to lessen hair shedding is to put a small amount of olive oil in pets drinking water each fill-up. Supposedly animals shedding is triggered in the intestine area, olive oil retards this process somewhat. Although I have found that it works better with my cats than dogs, and does no harm. Ask your Vet on your next visit, see what they say.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:39 AM

I have come to love our little furry friends, too, and wouldn't give them up for the world. When DH was in the hospital last winter, it was wonderful having Maggie for company. It's just this wretched hair on everything. They are only allowed on one chair, but they do have the run of the downstairs. Yes, we keep the lint roller company in business, and I will try the olive oil thing. Thanks so much for letting me know it isn't just me.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:42 AM

Personally, I don't worry about it. I'd rather have my dogs than an immaculate house. Sorry that I can't help you with your problem.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:46 AM

oh honey you don't know about dog hair! We have a great pyr and when they shed hoo doggie! the house is covered. Some of his hair is almost as long as mine. Long and white. Now if anyone finds a long white hair on me I tell them its not me going grey its just dog hair. Seriously I have to brush him outside because he can turn the yard white when he blows his coat. Dh hates it...he grew up with no animals in the house either. I however love my dog so he puts up with it.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
Shave them.

HEY, I was just kidding. Don't get so angry. I love our dog but not enough to give her full run of the house. She's an outside dog. I can't stand the hair. With DD's hair past her waist and mine closing in on my knees we have all the hair to deal with that we can handle. LOL
I don't have any cats or dogs, but I am intrigued with the length of your hair. Please tell us more, and add a pic in? Do you keep it up on a day to day basis, or how do you generally wear it? When was the last time you had it cut? I would love to hear details please.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:11 AM

i heard before feed them fish oil , put on food, helps
Old 05-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Banned

I have the answer!!!!!!!!!!!

Shave all your pets!!! ;)

(just couldn't help myself :lol: :lol: )
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67970.jpe   attachment-67971.jpe  
Old 05-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
Shave them.

HEY, I was just kidding. Don't get so angry. I love our dog but not enough to give her full run of the house. She's an outside dog. I can't stand the hair. With DD's hair past her waist and mine closing in on my knees we have all the hair to deal with that we can handle. LOL
LMAO!!! hahaha You beat me!!! :lol:
Old 05-15-2010, 05:33 AM

We have never had inside pets, either, until this summer when the little doggy belonging to my DD and her boyfriend came home from college with her for the summer. (BF graduated and has taken a job involving alot of travel) Anyway, I read all your responses with much interest. I am vaccumming every day and using lint rollar. The hair is not as big a deal as the fact hat this dog seems to like to pee on my dining room carpet (and, yes, I take him out...just have not yet learned to read his signs well enough, I guess). This is a real learning experience for us. DD has gone to visit BF for the weekend and, of course, took the dog with her. Yay! A weekend without having to feel like I have a toddler in the house!