Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dog is having a problem with the noise from the sewing machine. >

Dog is having a problem with the noise from the sewing machine.

Dog is having a problem with the noise from the sewing machine.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 AM

Lol the vacuum stories make me chuckle. My 100 pound black lab, Zeus, LOVES the vacuum. When I turn it on he comes over and insists that I vacuum him.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 AM

Keep us posted, animals are smart & can sense things.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM

Good luck, Sherlock! Sounds like maybe an ear problem.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM

Yup.. I'm a good mom.. Took the guy to the vet.. He has a bilateral otitis media.. and I had to leave him there so they can clean them out, and have his teeth cleaned... My brother will pick him up tomorrow.. At first the vet thought he didn't want me to sew.. but when I explained that he might be hearing something that I wasn't, he thought twice.. He needed his vaccines anyway.. Now I feel guilty as crap.. I'm heading to LA for ten days.. Just think.. He could've been suffering for nothing.. If he still has a fit while I'm sewing, he's going to get drop kicked... big time
Barri
Old 06-21-2012, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Has anyone watched the newest dog training show called Dogs in the City. It was on last night and my dog loves the program and will watch it through to the end. I'm just hoping he doesn't pick up bad habits from the dogs the man comes to train.

I like his method better then Cesar Milan because he's very gentle with them, no rough tugs, etc. and the dogs respond very quickly.
I like this new guy, too, tho I also like Cesar. This guy has a more laid-back attitude. I hope the show lasts! I was so mad when Nat Geo cancelled Dog Town! And Rescue Ink! And Last Chance Highway! Yes, I like dog shows.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
Yup.. I'm a good mom.. Took the guy to the vet.. He has a bilateral otitis media.. and I had to leave him there so they can clean them out, and have his teeth cleaned... My brother will pick him up tomorrow.. At first the vet thought he didn't want me to sew.. but when I explained that he might be hearing something that I wasn't, he thought twice.. He needed his vaccines anyway.. Now I feel guilty as crap.. I'm heading to LA for ten days.. Just think.. He could've been suffering for nothing.. If he still has a fit while I'm sewing, he's going to get drop kicked... big time
Barri
No, you're not a bad dog mommy. You took him to the vet AND you're doing what the vet says. My cousin is a vet & he said getting people to bring their pets isn't the problem. Getting them to agree to the treatment is the hang up. I hope your little guy is feeling 100% in no time flat & you & he can sew to your heart's content!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Has anyone watched the newest dog training show called Dogs in the City. It was on last night and my dog loves the program and will watch it through to the end. I'm just hoping he doesn't pick up bad habits from the dogs the man comes to train.

I like his method better then Cesar Milan because he's very gentle with them, no rough tugs, etc. and the dogs respond very quickly.
I did watch it. I did like it too.. Never been a CM fan.. Know too much about the behind the scenes ...
I would also say have a vet check his ears he may have something going on that is not noticeable to us. Their ear canals are very long. If he didn't do it before and is doing it now something is going on.. Of course checking the machine isn't a bad idea either.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:01 AM

Opps should have read all the way through. Glad you found out. Don't be surprised if he still reacts for a bit . But it will go away eventually
Old 06-22-2012, 04:51 AM

I am so glad you took him to the vet, and hopefully when you return he will be back to his old self, laying next to you while you sew.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by winia View Post
My guess? Ear problem of some kind. A trip to the vet is in order.
Yes I agree t in order. My dog Tippy became allergic to grain at 2 years old. That caused her ears to infect .