Dollar Store Hand Lotion

Old 04-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Ava

Default Dollar Store Hand Lotion

I had a hard time finding the vitiman E cream, finally found it at walmart. Now I need the rest of the recipe. I have looked at past listings, back to Jan and couldn't find it. Got new glasses yesturday I'm going to blame them.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:12 PM

It is listed under homemade hand cream. I don't know how to get the link but if you put it in the search box it will come up. Good luck
Old 04-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Power Poster

Here it is http://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes...am-t74450.html
You gave up just a tad too soon, it was last Nov.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:23 AM

When I make mine I use equal amounts of baby lotion, Vit E cream and vasolene. BEAT until fluffy. Any brand will do. I generally use the cheapest I can find....Dollar General.... If you don't like the smell of baby lotion try the scented lavender one..... If you want to earn a little extra cash check with nurses....they love it.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

I use half organic coconut oil and half vaseline, vitamin E cream sold at Sam's, and Johnson's Baby Lotion and I dissolve Ester C tablets in some of it to use for face cream. You can add all kinds of goodies to the base recipe, just like the commercial lotions and creams.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I use half organic coconut oil and half vaseline, vitamin E cream sold at Sam's, and Johnson's Baby Lotion and I dissolve Ester C tablets in some of it to use for face cream. You can add all kinds of goodies to the base recipe, just like the commercial lotions and creams.
I know this sounds kind of gross but...they say hemorrhoid cream is good to use for tightening your skin...wonder if that would work also?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by SUZAG View Post
I know this sounds kind of gross but...they say hemorrhoid cream is good to use for tightening your skin...wonder if that would work also?
It is not gross, it would be gentle on the skin and it does reduce swelling. That is why drug addicts steal it, it keeps their noses from bleeding. I worked in a grocery store for 16 years, that's how I know drug addicts steal it.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Ava

I FOUND IT! Just one more page. Thanks everyone.
8 oz vaseline
8 oz vitiman e cream
16 oz baby lotion.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

my step dtr Nurse just told me about coconut oil she got at the grocery store. she said it's not really an oil, more of a paste. it makes her hands extremely soft by just rubbing in a small amount. I'm thinking of getting some to help with my hubby's dry feet and ankles he has problems with now that his legs and feet are swelling from inactivity. she added nothing, just used the coconut "paste".
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 AM

Not sure what you're needing this for, but with sensitive skin and allergies to many things, I have found Udder Cream to work on my skin when I need a moisturizer for arms, legs, hands, torso. No reaction and it's not expensive. Sold at drugstores and some grocery stores. Originally, guess it was used by farmers for their cows. Sounds awful, but it's a nice consistency and little smell. Absorbs well.