Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: DonTon Abby

Smile DonTon Abby

I've been seeing a lot of chat about this program and would like to watch it if I knew where to find it. Someone said it was on pbs. What days , what time. I live in northern Michigan. Thanks for your help.

Look in your local tv listings for PBS shows. You can find those online, in newspapers, tv guides, or call the local PBS station and ask.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Sunday night on Masterpiece Theater in most places.

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    Sunday night on Masterpiece Theater in most places.
    Ditto for me~ It shows at 8 p.m. here.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Masterpiece Theater on PBS at 8 CST -- I really enjoy it and have watched it for several years now -- very well done -- this season they are trying to add more drama and suspense and show changes in the world after WWI
    diane

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I tried it for the first episode of the new season--8 central here in TN on PBS on Sunday--but it looks like they have recently changed it to Saturday night--so I haven't tried to find out yet. Saturday nights belong to DH on the TV, and we only have one TV in the house--I would have to go out to my sewing room to watch it if it has been changed to Saturday. So, maybe not. I have read a lot of the British novels, so it wasn't so hard to adapt myself to the time and British way of living back then. I guess I just prefer reading over TV. BTW, do you know if that is a published series of books?
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

When I want to find a show I go to Titantv.com You can enter your zip and the cable provider you use or if you are on antenna and it will show tv listings for your area. At the top there is a search. Put in Downton Abbey and it will show the times and days of the showings for your area.

There are other sites online that will also give you the schedule. Just enter the words tv listings.

Blog Entries
    sunday nites at 8pm on PBS. I watch it.

I can't get it on my satellite , so I got a season pass off my iTunes. I can watch at my leisure.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I think you mean Downton Abbey. It's on you local PBS station, Sunday nights at 9:30. You need to start with season 1. It's currently in season 5 on TV. Check your local library (ours has a hugh DVD collection). Netflix has it, but you have to get the DVD's. They no longer stream it.

dd
    I was going to suggest the library also. Ours has 1-4 and I believe you can buy season 5 because it already aired in England. I enjoyed watching the ones from the library while I was sewing.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
    I tried it for the first episode of the new season--8 central here in TN on PBS on Sunday--but it looks like they have recently changed it to Saturday night--so I haven't tried to find out yet. Saturday nights belong to DH on the TV, and we only have one TV in the house--I would have to go out to my sewing room to watch it if it has been changed to Saturday. So, maybe not. I have read a lot of the British novels, so it wasn't so hard to adapt myself to the time and British way of living back then. I guess I just prefer reading over TV. BTW, do you know if that is a published series of books?
    No, it was originally written as a series script by Jullian Fellows. It sure seems that this may be the last season??
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I, too, hail from Northern lower Michigan. It is on WGVU on Dish network. Sunday nights. I cannot remember the channel, (I think 35) but it is listed as Masterpiece Theater. If you go to WGVU website, you can watch some of it there, on your computer and also see their schedule.

Blog Entries
    Go to your local PBS station online and you can find the times there. Here in Maine, EST, it is on Masterpiece at 9PM I believe. I just put it into my DVR that comes with the TV and it tapes automatically but I bet you can get previous episode's on perhaps Netflix?

Just go to PBS. org and in the search box put Downton Abbey. I do not have cable so can not see it on TV. but I keep up with the series online. Easy Peasy!

I'm in western Iowa and I found it on my local PBS channel on Sunday's either at 7PM or 8PM. I have my DVR record it so I can watch it later and fast forward any commercials. They usually show it on a couple times the same show so if you missed it the 1st time you can watch it later. Also if you go to the PBS.com website I think you'll be able to watch it there too. I'm waiting for the Selfridge series to come back this year. They've been advertising it too.

Since finding out about the Downton Abbey series just this past year, I went ahead and bought Seasons 1-4 and then pre-ordered Season 5 from Amazon.com. Didn't want to miss anything. Am thinking about ordering the Selfridge series later.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Downton is a must in this house, but I can see where this might be the concluding season......

Also like mr. Selfridge, glad to see that coming back.

Like Castle, am thinking that might be close to ending soon too...the marriage of the two sort of took the edge off the series.....

Sorry to see Longmire was not renewed.

Sunday nite at 9pm...watched it at that time both here in IN and also when I was in San Diego last weekend. It is listed on your guide as Masterpiece Theater.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Downton is a must in this house, but I can see where this might be the concluding season......

Also like mr. Selfridge, glad to see that coming back.

Like Castle, am thinking that might be close to ending soon too...the marriage of the two sort of took the edge off the series.....

Sorry to see Longmire was not renewed.
    Rumor has it that Netflix picked up Longmire. I hope that is true. I love that series. Good actors, good plots.

....awh, now I have to sign up for netflix too! Anyone remember when tv was free.....just the cost of the electricity.....and although the choices of Channels was limited....the programming was so much more entertaining and intelligent.....so much garbage on 500 channels! Really have to hunt to find something that makes one rub two brain cells together

Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of chat about this program and would like to watch it if I knew where to find it. Someone said it was on pbs. What days , what time. I live in northern Michigan. Thanks for your help.
    It comes on TV on Sundsy night where I live ( in. Massachusetts) it 's
    also online on pbs.com- usually about 9 pm