donut (spare) tire

Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

I got a flat tire yesterday afternoon, and I called DH to ask him what he wanted me to do about it - he came and rescued me.

Anyway, the point of this post is - the little donut tire (I don't know what it's really called) was somehow attached UNDER the back of the van - OUTSIDE the van!

Can you imagine how depressing that would be to access if it was cold, wet, muddy, and windy?

Do you know where the one in your vehicle is located? We had to get the book out to find where it was. We originally thought it would be in that kind of well that's in the back of the inside of the van - or the inside of a trunk.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM

I know where mine is, but I would need the manual to know how to put the jack together.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:10 PM

yeap I sure DO LOLOLOLOL its in the truck bed with NO rubber on it :shock: all I have is the rim LOLOLOLOL no jack and really not sure how to put it back under the truck bed
Old 08-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

i know where my full-sized spare tire is. all i have to do is look down. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hmmmmm ... maybe we should all make sure we also know where our donut spares are AND practice changing a tire. i haven't done that in years. the few times it's been necessary, i've been lucky enough to have help. we just never know, though, when we might have no choice but to do it ourselves. :shock:
Old 08-13-2009, 01:16 PM

I know where mine is my son borrowed it and it went flat and the rim bent...no spare :wink: :oops: :oops:
Old 08-13-2009, 01:18 PM

Um, isn't that what AAA is for?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

I hope that my cell phone will be charged enough to call AAA.
Glad your DH could come to the rescue.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:52 PM

That's where ours is on my van. Now that we've had to use it a few times, I feel like a pro.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:28 PM

My Equinox has one under it too, and I needed it when it was cold, dark, and wet (and snowy). I called tripple A and in my area they couldn't get anyone over to me for 2 hours. I am in NY, DH was in California. I immediately picked up the phone again and called work, and within minutes two co-workers were there changing my tire. I don't claim to be a needy helpless woman, but when is below zero, I am.

Maria
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM

We had a flat on the 4th of July ours too is under the van we had to look in the book to find it . Thank Heavens my DH was along but it was stuck up there and took a lot of banging and a few choice words to get it down. If You have never tried taking it out, a good sunny day would be a good day for a test run! I have changed tires before but this one would not have happened if it had just been me.