Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Double Decker of Cuteness!! >

Double Decker of Cuteness!!

Double Decker of Cuteness!!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by lovingmama View Post
Thanks for sharing the cute pics and the wonderful story. Also thanks for opening your heart and your home to the dogs in need.
I agree with all those sentiments! You are a true hero for what you do for these special little souls!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I agree with all those sentiments! You are a true hero for what you do for these special little souls!
Awww, shucks! I'm just me being me!!! I get so much satisfaction giving these guys a taste of what it is like in a real home, even if it is only for a week or so. I am sure Sammy was a puppy mill survivor as he is 5 yo and intact. For the first day, he cowered and took a submissive posture whenever a human approached him. He was very hand shy. By the end of the 2nd day, it was like he had been in our home forever! He got along well with the 2 shepherds and my Pom and the Min Pin we were fostering. Not a big fan of the cats though! (Maybe because all of them are bigger than he is!!) I can't believe how much he has blossomed in the week we had him. No longer shy, comes when his name is called, loves a belly rub!!! Today he had to go back to the shelter to catch his ride to Michigan. I admit it, I cried buckets! I can't save them all but I can sure try to give as many as I can a little piece of heaven, even if it is for only a short time!