downloading picture help

Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 AM

I have tried to download pictures on this site but have been unable to do so. I have checked the picture files and they are all JPG which is what our site recommends. But it still will not go thru. Do any of you have suggestions. I have a quilt center and it is bubbled up, Even the LQS owner hasn't figured out what I did or how to fix it (easily), what she says, takes too much away from the look of the quilt. Please help me put the pics up so that I can get help from "my family".
Old 04-14-2011, 04:57 AM

when you chose file, don't preview - that makes picture disappear.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:06 AM
bj

Click browse, then open the picture you want, you can add a description in the blank box on the left, then hit send. If you preview, the picture goes away.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 AM

regarding the problem with the center of your quilt. Is it a medallion type or is it pieced? If it is a large solid piece like a panel I would take it out, pin it back in the middle being sure it fits the opening, then stitch back in place. If it already quilted I don't know what you can do.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:27 AM

Well, I thought I was making a Lone Star, they have eight points. Then I was following a pattern set up but it was for a Bethlehem Star and has only six points. While the points weren't sewn together yet, they laid flat. But when I sewed them together they caused the second row of diamonds to push the center diamonds up into a huge bubble (looks like a large muffin underneath it).

I have tried the instructions for file attachments several times. In fact when I put my avatar up there I tried it four or five times before it went.?????????????????
Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 AM

It will take a while for the process to complete if you are on a slower internet connection. Uploading takes a lot longer than downloading for many internet users.

I think your issue is probably that the bias edges have warped and if you've got 6 seams coming together in the center they should have been twirled or possibly even pressed open. You're going to have to take it apart in the center, starch the snot out of it, possibly even trim if the fabric has stretched and then sew the seams back together. Stop 1/4 inch from the center on all but the last seam.

On my first try at hexagon kaleidoscope blocks, I was using a triangle ruler that wasn't a true 60 degrees but I didn't know it until I had to cut a 7th piece to make it fit. I had a big bubble in the center! Thankfully it was just one block and I quickly realized my ruler was the culprit.

Making star blocks is how I taught myself to quilt so the trick with stopping 1/4" from the center on all but the final seam and pressing that final one open is what worked for me. With 4 or even 6 seams you can usually get away with twirling the seams but it depends on how thick the fabric is. I have also clipped the center seam just a little and forced the seam to twirl.