Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: downton abbey

thanks again everyone.
    WMUT, one of my favorite sayings came from the postmistress in Larkrise to Candleford... "my one little extravagance"

My mother and I started watching the first season of Downton Abby last summer. DH came in during the third episode. We ended up starting over so he could watch from the beginning. When season 5 started he asked me to record them so he wouldn't miss them. I was surprised he was interested. But he also enjoyed Pride and Prejudice.

I watch it on PBS online the day after it shows on tv - usually while sewing - I love that show. My husband watched with me last week - I could tell that he could take it or leave it.

I have never lived in a state where the library charged for a card. Never thought they were suppose to. I'm sure the county had to pass that with a public vote?
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Kalama is a small town with a very small budget for the library. And for that matter we have a very small library! I think at least 1/4 of the books were donated to them by me I suspect the days when a library's resources were free are long gone. Particularly if don't don't reside within the city limits.

My husband wouldn't be interested in it but I sure am. We have different taste in tv watching most of the time.

Two more series of british shows you can watch free online are: ""The Paradise" and also "Larkrise To Candleford". Both have been shown on my local PBS and I loved them both.
    Last edited by nygal; 01-16-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch it for free.

Costco has Seasons 1 through 4 for $56.00 on DVD.

I was so addicted to it, I watched the first 4 seasons in 10 days. It's so worth watching.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I have never lived in a state where the library charged for a card. Never thought they were suppose to. I'm sure the county had to pass that with a public vote?
    We had to pay to use the library, our library wasthe city, we lived in the country. Our kids went to school in another district. Not by choice but it's where the lines were drawn. Since our school taxes went to another district we couldn't use that library unless we paid, the city they went to school in wouldn't let us have a card since we didn't live in that district. They have changed all that now ...

Blog Entries
    Is "Larkrise to Candleford" playing currently? I did a Smart Search on the TV and it doesn't show anything. Or is it a Masterpiece Classic or Mystery? Sounds like a good program.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2