dowsing

Old 05-07-2016, 04:44 PM

Dowsing or divining for treasure is possible but there are some things that go with it and it all depends who you talk with....it's like anything....it can be your intent....if you are trying for riches only (greed) then you may have different results than if you are looking other reasons...sharing, etc then the results might be different. I have known several who were very successful but they were very giving and sharing and I have known others who were "treasure hunters" and OK but maybe not as well as the first group. It is all relative and personal and you just have to try and see where you fit in and what you want to do.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:50 PM

Jingle: dowsing, divining is the same thing....it can vary in the locality what it is called. There is remote dowsing which can be with the mind or tools. I did a lot of remote dowsing Also it is called map dowsing and you can do it physically on the map or from a rough sketch. It is all very interesting and limitless.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:02 AM

I worked for a fellow that dowsed, I didn't know what it was at the time.He told me to hang onto his hand and hold the forked stick with my other and we walked across the yard. When we came to water the stick turned and pointed down with such a force!! Another man I knew could dowse for water then tell you how far down you would have to drill and how many gallons per minute you would get. He could also do it just from a map of your area and could tell you if it was water or minerals too. Amazing gift.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:24 AM

we had our well dowsed the last time we built a house. The dowser let us try it (two simple metal rods, L shaped) and it worked for both of us. A really weird sensation when they turn in your hands!! I was holding them VERY loosely.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

I have heard of it, and seen it in movies, but, this is such an interesting topic!
Old 05-08-2016, 05:09 AM

In teaching dowsing....having the person hold the hand of a dowser and search is a common way of "starting' someone that is timid, or just not having luck....it is a jump starting to give the person confidence. dowsing can be taught to most people. Like every thing else some are better than others but any one can improve by the "practice, practice, practice" like any thing else. When I went to Montana to see what the West was like we went out with the cowboys looking for stray cows and calves.. Told them if they wanted to find them more quickly to dowse for them and showed them how. Several liked the idea. Of course they were skeptical at first of this crazy Eastern lady that could barely ride a horse.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:12 AM

My father used two of the old type metal coat hangers. He would cut off the hook part, then straighten out the wire, then bend down about three inches on one end for holding. With one in each hand and the wire pointing out straight, he would walk around the yard until the wires crossed each other. He located water source for our well years ago.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:51 AM

Very interesting. Can this work for finding asparagus and morel mushrooms?
Old 05-08-2016, 06:28 AM

Yes. YOu have to be very specific in you search....you don't want just any mushrooms, for example and you can use the rods to "follow" where they are or you can map dowse......you can specify anything you want in your quest....how far away, still there or has someone else gotten them...
Old 05-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

the reason i asked earlier is i find it so fascinating, like many others here. I'd love to see it in action!! i didn't know you could do it for metals too, but why not, alot of metals are magnetic.