Dumb recycling ideas

Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 AM

I think I can actually top that...my sister in law was in the hospital. Her hubby came in to visit. She asked him what he made for dinner the night before. He said he had boiled some hot dogs...but he made sure he saved the water for her. She said WHY what would I do with hot dog water. He said I dont know make soup?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 AM

I think I can actually top that...my sister in law was in the hospital. Her hubby came in to visit. She asked him what he made for dinner the night before. He said he had boiled some hot dogs...but he made sure he saved the water for her. She said WHY what would I do with hot dog water. He said I dont know make soup? Sounds awful to me rofl.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

Oh Margie that is bad LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by bearisgray
My DH has finally decided to get rid of some of his very worn out clothing.

As he handed a pair off cut-off jeans to me - he said "Maybe you can cut off the belt loops on these (to be put on another pair of jeans)"
Oh that sounds like my dad, the man has more money than he knows what to do with but he will go out of his way to save a nickle.

Example.....My moms plastic laundry tub that she totes the clothes from the back of the house to the washer handle broke off and split the basket. What does my dad do he goes in the garage fashions a handle out of sheet metal and pop rivets it back together. This is a $3 laundry basket for crying out loud!! Would you believe that after 5 or 6 years they are still using the basket?!?! We sat down and figured that they had bought right before my daughter was born 19 years ago, because mom remembers putting baby shower gifts in it when they were at the store buying it.

Billy
OH my gosh!!! This is so my husband!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

As he handed a pair off cut-off jeans to me - he said "Maybe you can cut off the belt loops on these (to be put on another pair of jeans)"
Oh that sounds like my dad, the man has more money than he knows what to do with but he will go out of his way to save a nickle.

Example.....My moms plastic laundry tub that she totes the clothes from the back of the house to the washer handle broke off and split the basket. What does my dad do he goes in the garage fashions a handle out of sheet metal and pop rivets it back together. This is a $3 laundry basket for crying out loud!! Would you believe that after 5 or 6 years they are still using the basket?!?! We sat down and figured that they had bought right before my daughter was born 19 years ago, because mom remembers putting baby shower gifts in it when they were at the store buying it.

Billy
OH my gosh!!! This is so my husband!!!! He's not cheap, but loves to fiddle in the garage!!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 AM

My husband likes pockets in his t-shirts. If someone gives him a t-shirt without a pocket, he brings me an old t-shirt of the same color and asks me to make a pocket out of it for the new t-shirt. I do it, cause I love him, but I will not replace zippers in anything!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by VernaL
My husband likes pockets in his t-shirts. If someone gives him a t-shirt without a pocket, he brings me an old t-shirt of the same color and asks me to make a pocket out of it for the new t-shirt. I do it, cause I love him, but I will not replace zippers in anything!
It's hard to find t-shirts w/pockets. My ex would never wear a t-shirt without a pocket in it. He had to have a pocket to put his pens in. :D
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

Cut off the top "belt" section and sew them to a pair of his undies...ask him if he likes the recycling plan
:shock: ROFLMAO !!!! thanks for todays laugh....excelent idea post a pict please... yep still :-P
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM

I HATE fixing belt loops!!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

Cut off the top "belt" section and sew them to a pair of his undies...ask him if he likes the recycling plan
Oh I love your idea...lol