Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: E- Books

Blog Entries

Angry E- Books

I subscribe to Guidebook and downloaded a wonderful mystery book that I am now reading.
    The title is FAMILY PATTARNS and is about a little boys Sunshine and Shadow quilt. Having trouble putting the book down, have a great day - back to my reading!

Blog Entries
    I love ebooks I read all 3 crazy old lady books. Includes quilting nearly finished the mystery quilt plus book.
    I also download quilt books instead of hard covers.
    Finished is better than a UFO

what and where is it? TIA!

Did you know you can download audio books to your laptop or other devices and listen to them while you quilt? I do this and listen on my laptop while I'm enjoying my quiet and solitude in the sewing room. I've probably been through 8 or 10 books and it's all free. I love Jonathan Kellerman and download a new one every few days. No books to return to the library and no cd's to have to try and listen to when they're all scratched up from other people.
    Debra

Are there links to these sites and what are they? Inquiring minds want to knowwwww

Thanks
    Ladibug

I download all my audio books from the local library (free) . I download them to my MP3 player so I can move around while listening. (Cleaning, doing dishes, whatever). You an also 'google' free audio books. Lots of classics there.

I'm a huge audio fan. Couldn't quilt, garden, cook, etc., without a good story. Listening is a lost art and it causes one to really pay attention :-). I also live my Nook. I load both my mp3 and Nook from the library.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
    I'm a huge audio fan. Couldn't quilt, garden, cook, etc., without a good story. Listening is a lost art and it causes one to really pay attention :-). I also live my Nook. I load both my mp3 and Nook from the library.
    I also have a nook and download many books but was unaware that I could download audio books or am I reading your post wrong. Does anyone know of a site that has quilting stories to download, my library doesn't have any.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Blog Entries
    I've been to two libraries so far trying to get the audio books they offer downloaded to my Kindle and neither the Maine State Library or the one in the nearest city could help me so I've given up. I was anxious to have that app this winter to pass the time while quilting. I know there are paid sites but, like many, money is tight right now.

Blog Entries
    I found this onGuideposts.organd thought you might enjoy it.http://tinyurl.com/n842heo

click on FREE e-books to see what they offer. ENJOY!

I downloaded OverDrive Media to my PC and then went to the Ohio Digital Library site for the books. Find what you want and then it will redirect you to your local library where you log in with your library card and borrow the title. When you are finished it will automatically be deleted from your PC after the given lending period or you can renew it once. I don't know about other libraries but something you could check out with them. Ours had a big presentation about all the different ways to find your reading material. Works great.
    Debra

Blog Entries
    I also have overdriveve on my nook. I have only gone thru my local library for my books, I do not know if Michigan has a digital library or not but am going to check it out. Thanks for the post, I did not even think to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
    I downloaded OverDrive Media to my PC and then went to the Ohio Digital Library site for the books. Find what you want and then it will redirect you to your local library where you log in with your library card and borrow the title. When you are finished it will automatically be deleted from your PC after the given lending period or you can renew it once. I don't know about other libraries but something you could check out with them. Ours had a big presentation about all the different ways to find your reading material. Works great.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan