Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which E-Reader

Blog Entries

Which E-Reader

Right now I have a nook. Thinking of replacing it, is there one with a delete button. Seems I'm always downloading books I really do not want to read. I'd like to just see them gone.LOL.
    True4uca

Love my Kindle Fire, and yes it has the delete button. Good luck.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

I have a Kindle with a built in light a couple of months ago. This is my first E-reader and I like it. If I go to the home page I can delete books I've downloaded by tapping them and getting a menu of options.

Please do your research. The Kindle has it's own format as do some of the others and I have found I can't always get the books I want in the right format. I have a Sony e reader but it isn't sold here anymore and it used epub which most books I have found are in that format. I can't remember the brand name but there is another tablet that worked as a e reader as well as other things so check around.
    Lynda

I have had Sony E reader-issues in bright sunlight, kindle mark two-was good, damaged screen, kindle paper white, which I love as you can read it in any lighting including bright sunlight, or in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and it does not disturb my husband.

Blog Entries
    I love my Kindle Keyboard! It will play audiobooks as well, not simply read the text in a computer voice. Didn't like using the Kindle Fire as an e-reader because it doesn't have the non glare, easy on the eyes electronic ink that dedicated e-readers have.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I have an older Nook that I don't recommend, it can't delete. Even the "test" books. The newer ones might. I have been considering purchasing a tablet for reading, not a "reader". Then I am not limited by the reader.

In the beautiful hills of northwest Connecticut.
    I loved my Kindle Touch but have since upgraded to a Kindle Fire. And I love it! We all have Kindles in my family.
    ​My soul is fed with needle & thread.

I have an MP3 player. Yes, you can delete anything you want to. I love it, as I wear it while I am sewing. I've listened to quite a few books that I have been looking forward to for years, but don't have the time because I'm always sewing! ! !

I get the books through the library, so it's free.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

I got DH a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. He loves it.

Amazon has thousands of free books to download for Kindle. We are a Kindle family too. Kindle Fire was on special last week for $69. I bought several for Christmas gifts. Who wouldn't like a new tablet? It has a camera, front and back, plays movies, has a browser, email and oh yeah holds thousands of books.
    I use Pixle of Ink website to know all the free Kindle books available for the day.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I have both the Kindle paper white keyboard and the Kindle Fire. I actually prefer the older Kindle paper white keyboard because it is easier on the eyes, you can read it outdoors when it is sunny, and most importantly the battery lasts for a couple of weeks which is great when you are traveling and can't plug it in daily. I also like the feature to be able to increase the font size in the evenings when my eyes are tired! So easy to download books to it. Also we have 6 family members connected on our Amazon account and that way we just buy the book once and can download it to all 6 Kindles or whoever of the 6 wants to read it!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for mentioning this as I also have issues with trying to read in the sun. Outside camping is when I mostly read.. Does it have a delete button, and can I use e-pub.
    Quote Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
    I have had Sony E reader-issues in bright sunlight, kindle mark two-was good, damaged screen, kindle paper white, which I love as you can read it in any lighting including bright sunlight, or in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and it does not disturb my husband.
    True4uca

I have a Kindle Fire, too. It has a delete button.

I have a Nook tablet and I love it. I can read outside or late at night with no problem. I have gotten many free or inexpensive books from b&n. If you get a tablet you can download the kindle or Nook app.

My husband bought me a Nexus for my birthday. Was disappointed because I thought I wanted a Kindle because of name recognition only. Looking back my Nexus is great. Has greater capacity and I can use it as a computer too. I am absolutely clueless in the techie dept., but friends who aren't have looked at my Nexus and said it was superior to the Kindle. Got mine at Staples . Order from Amazon all time.

Blog Entries
    I have owned four Kindles. Love, love, love them!
    Judi from Denver, aka Nonna Judi

I am on my second Kindle and I really like it. I download books all the time, mainly through bookbub.com. When you order a book through Amazon it is downloaded to the Amazon Cloud and to your Kindle (the device). When you are finished with the book you can delete it from the device but it is still in the Cloud. To permanently delete it you have to go online and delete it there. You can do this either on your computer or by going online on our Kindle.

I notice, however, that you are in Canada. I did discover when trying to purchase a Kindle for my niece in Ontario that Amazon does not have agreements with libraries in Canada so someone in Canada with a Kindle would not be able to download books from his or her local library system. If you plan to use your library system a Kindle would not be good for you. Check out Kobo at your Chapters bookstores on on line.

I bought a Kindle Fire a year ago and love it. I too use bookbub.com and have several books in the Cloud. I never thought I would use for games but have several of those on Kindle as well. My son used mine at family gathering one weekend and asked for one for Christmas (he is a computer programmer). I use to check out library books all the time and love the ability to connect to wi-fi at home and be able to read emails and look up stuff online without having to go to computer room.

Blog Entries
    Would this work on a Samsung tablet. Got one for xmas and I never use it. Seems a shame not to find a use for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by donac View Post
    I have a Nook tablet and I love it. I can read outside or late at night with no problem. I have gotten many free or inexpensive books from b&n. If you get a tablet you can download the kindle or Nook app.
    True4uca

I have the old fashioned Kindle, yes, it isn't exactly a delete but a remove button. It is still in your account, in case you change your mind, but it is removed from you devise.

I use mine exclusively for reading, not internet capable.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I like my Kindle Fire, it has the delete button. You can also get a Nook app if you want to download books from Barnes and Noble.

If your Kindle breaks or doesn't work after the warranty, call the Amazon Customer Service. As a Kindle owner you get a discount on a new Kindle. My first Fire quit charging from the inside. I found a youtube how to fix the charger, DH said he would try it. Haven't lost anything if it doesn't work and might learn something.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I have original Kindle. Love it. Don't think I can delete but holds so many books I have not worried about it?. No light but oh well.

I have a nook (about 1 1/2 years old) and my DH added something that makes it a full tablet. I can read kindle or nook books and search the web too. The best of all worlds.
    We like to spend a lot of our weekend out camping (no, in a trailer, not a tent) and have become a real 21st century couple. We build a big campfire (when it is allowed) and read from our readers even after dark so the lighted versions come in handy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast