Ebay question

Old 05-22-2018, 01:20 PM

FedEX often takes a few days to post the tracking info. I've actually received items & they never did post tracking until after it was delivered. They also drop packages off at our post office instead of delivering them to our house. We're retired, so we're home 99% of the time. I'd wait a few days & if no info has been posted, then I'd contact the seller again.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:17 AM

I bought my wonderful Bernina on EBay plus so much more. I have also sold on eBay. Just hang in there and keep the communication going with the seller.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:10 AM

I would contact the seller with my concerns. If the seller does not reply, I would contact Ebay with those concerns. You will not lose your money because Ebay is very good about taking care of customers. Most vendors will not risk the privilege of selling on Ebay for a few bucks from one buyer.

I buy on Ebay all the time with confidence and respect their business practices.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:20 AM

I buy and sell on eBay all the time. You definitely should send a message to the seller and ask if it has been shipped and if not, when it will be. Sometimes sellers don’t upload tracking information so it may be in route. If you don’t get a response or get the machine by May 31, file a claim with eBay as Item Not Received and you will get a full refund in 4-5days from eBay. I would also note in the feedback you give him that this seller was slow to ship. He should have contacted you and let you know of the delay. Not 5 star customer service.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 05-23-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:41 PM

I ordered a hand crank machine from a foreign country and the exchange was listed so i sent that amount. The seller proceded to tell me that was wrong that was only for the ahipping. But there was not another price listed.
She had a very good rating. She got very angry with me so I called ebay and they were very helpful in getting my money back. So lesson learned if it looks to good to be true it is.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:09 PM

I’ve bought, and occasionally sold, items on eBay for decades. I’ve been disappointed (felt ripped off) maybe twice in 150+ purchases. So it does happen. But odds in favor of honest sellers. You were smart to pay attention to ratings. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 05-28-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I would be nervous if he said he dropped it off yesterday and it still isn't showing up as trackable. Did you try Googling the tracking number? Sometimes Ebay's tracking system is off but if it was scanned when FedEx got it, it should be visible. Or maybe on FedEx's website, try tracking there.

In any case, Ebay has you covered as a buyer.
I wouldn't because I have had items show up when tracking offered no information. This has happened to me quite a few times. I just even got a tracking number recently that was 2 years old and still received the item