Eeeekkkkkk

Old 08-27-2010, 08:43 PM

When I saw EEEEKKKK I just knew it had to be about spiders! even the word spider is creepy. I had to train myself not to be scared of them.They have eight legs like my lonestars...I made a spider lonestar...look in my webshots. (spider beadwork too!)
Old 08-27-2010, 09:04 PM

I mostly don't mind spiders. I share my shower with Daddy Long Legs - they eat any mosquitos that come in, so I think that's a fair trade! :wink:
Old 08-27-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by MZStitch
I felt like waking my husband, lol, but I too got a flyswatter and did my motherly duty.
I would have woken my husband..lol
Old 08-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I don't kill spiders, they are messengers. It goes like this......

If one is hanging around, it means change is coming, either good or bad. Usually bad, because in my culture spiders are known as tricksters. I can usually coax them out the door if they are near one. Or if they happen to spinning a web from the ceiling I can use a ruler or something and place them outside.

But I did ask a Shaman about killing them, he said leave them alone unless they are aggressive and chasing or charging you then get 'em.....LOL

Well, the ones we have run FAST!!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
YYYUUUCCCKKKK better you then me ! LOL
Well they are easier to get rid of than groundhogs. :lol: :lol:
Old 08-28-2010, 12:04 AM

I don't care if they have a halo over them, the only good spider is a dead spider - preferably out of my site! Would love to live in Antartica which is the only continent without any native spiders! Wish I could control this repulsion but they absolutely un-nerve me! Hope I can get back to sleep now!

(I have cans of spider spray all over my house, plus fly swatters and a wonderful hubby who doesn't even ask any more when I call him in that certain tone!)
Old 08-28-2010, 12:11 AM

YUK...now I have the willies....looking around...left, right, checking the corners...bleh
Old 08-28-2010, 12:25 AM

I don't mind spiders as long as they are not in my bedroom. No way can I go to sleep if one is in the room - who knows where it may go while I am sleeping. Hubby has to dispose of it before I can get into bed.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:42 AM

Spiders and mice no longer bother me due to the diligence of my cats....if they find a spider, they will play with it for hours and I'll find little bits and pieces of it everywhere...now if there was a snake in the house, I'd have to literally move out of there, taking only myself and start life over----Eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 AM

My oldest DD is the same way. She can't stand to even see a spider on TV or in a book. She will scream loud enough to wake the dead when she sees a live one, no matter it's size. I am freaked by spiders but will get up enough nerve to kill them if hubby is not home.