Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: El capitan

El capitan

Has anyone with a Mac downloaded the new OS X El Capitan? I finally got it downloaded yesterday. Like most of the new features, I was running Lion. Figured I had better upgrade as I was having some trouble with Safari. Do you like it?

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Wow, that was so far over my head I couldn't even jump to reach it!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I did the upgrade a while back with no problems. Can't say I noticed any real difference than before. But I have had several updates before, one was Yosemite - can't remember the others. Once I get the notice from Apple that my Mac needs an update I do it.

I did the upgrade a while back, no problems. I don't remember what the upgrade was supposed to do but I haven't noticed anything different. Everything seems to be running like it did before the upgrade.

I have an iMac from 2009 with OS 10.8.5, Mountain Lion. When I upgraded to that, I had to upgrade some programs. I'd love to know if I could upgrade further, but I don't want to rock the boat.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Quote Originally Posted by willferg View Post
    I have an iMac from 2009 with OS 10.8.5, Mountain Lion. When I upgraded to that, I had to upgrade some programs. I'd love to know if I could upgrade further, but I don't want to rock the boat.
    I don't see why you could not upgrade. I was running OS 10.7.5 lion and was afraid to upgrade. Finally bit the bullet and did it. So far no complaints. It did take some time to get it done, a few hours. A slight learning curve, no more iPhoto as there is a new photo place. Like it better. Like split screen and the fact that you can swipe to delete stuff instead of going to the trash can at the top in mail. Don't see much difference in speed, but that could be my service provider.

It is waiting for me in the app store. I haven't done it. I got the new photo thing instead of iPhoto with the last upgrade. That wasn't an issue for me. I am going to get around to El Capitan sooner or later. My iMac is not new but not giving me any problems. Of course once I say this, it will probably crash!!
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    I switched from Mountain Lion to El Capitan and it only cost me $500. It kept crashing after I upgraded so I took it to the Geek Squad. Had to purchase a service contract ($200+) but they said it was a hardware problem and Apple had to fix it. Took it to the Apple store (where I should have taken it in the first place, I know) and, sure enough, it had suddenly developed a bad video card just at the same time I upgraded. Imagine! That only cost $300+. Now I just have an upgrade reminder in the App icon telling me to upgrade IPhoto which no longer exists. I am not rocking the boat with that one.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.