Elkhart Quilted Gardens

Old 04-19-2020, 03:56 AM

Default Elkhart Quilted Gardens

A friend sent me information about the Elkhart quilted gardens. I'd never heard of them although my husband and I have been to the area several times. What a great idea. It combines two of my favorite activities:

https://www.visitelkhartcounty.com/t...iltgardens_com
Old 04-19-2020, 07:22 AM

Oh My! How beautiful! What a wonderful though and a great summer outing if traveling through that area. I will most likely never see it up close and personal but the photos are great. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:19 AM

! That looks like a beautiful place to visit someday. Thank you so much for sharing the link

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-19-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-19-2020, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Real beautiful gardens.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:09 PM

They used to have a quilted garden at Storybook Boat ride in Disneyland. https://www.pinterest.com.mx/pin/399342691941601164/
Old 04-21-2020, 04:39 AM

what a neat idea. that would be great to see.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:41 PM

This would be so fun to see in person - looks lovely. I was in Elkhart just over two years ago when my mother & I drove across the country and visited a cousin who lives there. Had I known of this attraction it would have been on our to do list. Next time!
Old 04-22-2020, 01:41 AM

I live here and have helped plant one of the gardens. The pattern was already worked out and the plants ordered, we were just the planting crew. Each one is different and a different volunteer group plants them. If you come, stop by the visitors center and get a booklet that shows what to see in the area. And don't forget the quilt shops. I'm still thinking there are 13 within driving distance.

My avatar is Mt. Shasta where I was raised in California. No mountains in Indiana.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I live here and have helped plant one of the gardens. The pattern was already worked out and the plants ordered, we were just the planting crew. Each one is different and a different volunteer group plants them. If you come, stop by the visitors center and get a booklet that shows what to see in the area. And don't forget the quilt shops. I'm still thinking there are 13 within driving distance.

My avatar is Mt. Shasta where I was raised in California. No mountains in Indiana.
Oh, you made me laugh. No mountains in Indiana! Not even much of a hill until you get south of Indy.

I have never done the garden tour but from time to time I stumble across a quilt garden when I am on my way to Shipshewana from my home in southwestern Michigan. The gardens are lovely. I don't know the number of quilt shops either but there are several that I count as my favorites. Nothing like a quick trip through beautiful Amish country on a sunny day to search out fabric and stunning gardens.