Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Elm Creek Quilters latest

This Thursday night the author of Elm Creek Quilters book series is going to be at a local book store for a Girls Night Out. I am so excited! :-D

I understand from her website that by going I will also get a pin commemorating the latest book. That should be pretty cool too.

Anyone else going to see Jennifer Chiaverini on her latest book tour?

I am going on Friday night, can't wait!

Blog Entries
    I'm reading The Aloha Quilt now,,,, enjoying the history behind their artform.

No visits anywhere near where I live. Wish there were. I have ordered the new book, should be arriving next week.

Oh, lucky you! I just got my first of her books, cant wait to read it!

What fun for you! Enjoy reading her books.

I am fairly new to quilting, and this book series intrigues me. What is the first book in the series? I would like to start reading them. Thanks :-)

Amazon lists them in order, you can order three at a time(at least you could last time I looked). I've read all except the latest, of course, and will allow my daughter to gift it to me. :)

I love her books. Can't wait to get the newest.

I am not a happy camper. :(
    The airport was closed this morning so she had to cancel tonight. Yet another reason to be sick and tired of winter.

She is coming here; but 2 hrs. from where I live...won't be able to make it. Can't wait to read the book!

Just ordered my first 3 books. Now.. to find the time to sit down and read them!

I have all her books, the new one I already ordered and it will be here Monday, I am only on The Quilter's Legacy, I just love her books

Quote Originally Posted by mypatookis
    I am fairly new to quilting, and this book series intrigues me. What is the first book in the series? I would like to start reading them. Thanks :-)
    The first book is The Quilter's Apprentice.

I just finished The Aloha Quilt and am looking forward to the new one. I have to say I thought the writing was a bit off in The Aloha Quilt. That's the first time I've ever felt that way about any of her books. The plot was solid, but her writing was almost beginnerish at the beginning, and the man who was the love interest didn't impress me. She never makes me see what Bonnie sees in him, never makes me want to fall in love with him. Maybe later it'll turn out that it was just that he was there and she was on the rebound. And at the end, Judy's decision made for a cool ending, but wasn't very believeable from Judy's perspective. I'd been hoping for a book featuring Judy in Philadelphia...

Blog Entries
    How many books are there in the series?

The library just called today and my hold on her newest book is available for pick up. I guess I can take this book (Last Jihad) back that I've renewed 2 times already and just can't get through it. It's the only copy they had and it smells like Musk oil perfume. I like the book but can't read it for long each time because of the smell.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just ordered the new one today. I have nly read one so far and started the second one. I am reading them in order.

I just got the " The Union Quilter's" from Amazon. There are 20 so far but 2 or 3 are quilting books - I still need to acquire Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. It is next on my list! ---I have loved everything so far.

I have ordered the newest one but somehow missed reading the Aloha Quilt. The library has it, just need to go check it out.