Embird software

Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 PM

I am wondering if anyone uses the Embird software for their embroidering? I just ran across it on the computer and am wondering about it. It is a lot cheaper than the 5D program but then I don't know if I will use it that much. Any opinions please?
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM

I love mine. I digitize alot of clip art. Well worth the money.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Did yoiu start by downloading and using for 30 days?
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by busygranny
I am wondering if anyone uses the Embird software for their embroidering? I just ran across it on the computer and am wondering about it. It is a lot cheaper than the 5D program but then I don't know if I will use it that much. Any opinions please?
I tried Embrid, I did the 30 day trial but found I didn't have the time to sit and teach myself to use it. I then found Stitch Era Universal which is a free to use software that you can download. I have found it to be great to learn on and use and have even considered not purchasing anything else... Just my thoughts..
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM

Did yoiu start by downloading and using for 30 days?
I did but I couldn't save any of my work. I had bought Stich Era before they offered the free one. I spent $1200. for the program and had nothing but problems. Then I got Embird and found it so much easier to use. I sold some of my designs on line for a little while.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
I tried Embrid, I did the 30 day trial but found I didn't have the time to sit and teach myself to use it. I then found Stitch Era Universal which is a free to use software that you can download. I have found it to be great to learn on and use and have even considered not purchasing anything else... Just my thoughts..
i used to use embird and loved it, but haven't done much emb lately. thanks for the tip about stitch era. i think i'll give that a look see.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Then I think I will give it a try. The reason that I am trying to use one of these, because I want to put names on a quilt and I want to do them in an arch. Is that posible in this program? Thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Then I think I will give it a try. The reason that I am trying to use one of these, because I want to put names on a quilt and I want to do them in an arch. Is that posible in this program? Thanks
Yes, you can arch in Embird. I have it and use it all the time. I don't have the digitizing tho. Make sure you get the iconizer tho so you can actually see your designs in thumbnails.

Also, with the free 30 day trial, it is either 30 days or so many clicks on the program, which ever you reach 1st.

It really isn't hard to learn.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Thank you. Hope I can do it.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 PM

yes I have Embird and love it. I have almost all the features. I have had it for about 7 years. I added each year. I love the text, I added it 2 years ago. I use it as much as the rest.
I bought a brother embroidery machine, and the salesman tried to get me to buy his Embroidery software. I told him what I had, and that I didnt need his, He told me mine would not work, I knew better, I had gone through several
embroidery machines.(essesive use)
I love my software.