embroidered pillow case

Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 PM

Default embroidered pillow case

I'm making pillow cases for about 40 campers and embroidering the name of the camp along the cuff. My question is this: when the pillow case is on the pillow, is the seam that runs the length of the pillow along the bottom (it would be behind the neck when lying on it) or along the top (it would be at the top of the head when lying on it)? I want to make sure I embroider on the correct side of the cuff. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:17 PM

I put the seam on the bottom of the pillow. It never occurred to me there would be a right or wrong way to do it as long as the end seam of the case is towards the center of the bed on a full size bed or larger.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Power Poster

for me, the ends of the pillowcases extend to the edge of the bed, no matter what size the bed is. i think it is really personal preference. if i received a pillowcase with a decorative edge, i would just place it whichever way shows the decoration. i don't think it matters which side the seam is on. if i had to choose, i'd put the seam at the top so it would not be felt near the neck and shoulder if i were to raise my hand there.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 AM

Doesn't matter to me since I flip my pillow so many times during the night to get to the cool side!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

i've made about 100 pillowcases and this is the first time i thought about it. didn't know there was a right and wrong side or an up or downside. You learn something new every day.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I put the seam on the bottom of the pillow. It never occurred to me there would be a right or wrong way to do it as long as the end seam of the case is towards the center of the bed on a full size bed or larger.
I don't know if there is a wrong or right way-that is my question.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
for me, the ends of the pillowcases extend to the edge of the bed, no matter what size the bed is. i think it is really personal preference. if i received a pillowcase with a decorative edge, i would just place it whichever way shows the decoration. i don't think it matters which side the seam is on. if i had to choose, i'd put the seam at the top so it would not be felt near the neck and shoulder if i were to raise my hand there.
That's what my thinking is. Just wondered if there was a right or wrong way.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
Doesn't matter to me since I flip my pillow so many times during the night to get to the cool side!
I flip mine too. Especially during the summer.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
i've made about 100 pillowcases and this is the first time i thought about it. didn't know there was a right and wrong side or an up or downside. You learn something new every day.
I really don't know if there is a wrong or right side-that's what my question is. I guess I will do it with the seam on the top or.....not..... Whatever happens.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:28 AM

Thanks for all the input. Hope I didn't cause any distress about putting the seam in the 'wrong' place.