Embroidery fee?

Old 12-05-2013, 06:32 PM

This is good information. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:56 PM

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/default.aspx

http://www.designsbyjuju.com/

these are 2 of my favorite sites to get designs from .. there are many other places but I love how these stitch out.

If you go over and help her when she does the towels, (it takes a lot of time to get the stabilizer off the backs of towels), supply the towels and offer to pay for the designs (or buy them and download them to a flash drive for her to have ... be sure you get the "correct" type of design) along with a token amount per towel she might appreciate the company. You could also take a homemade dinner casserole or something for her for the day she does the work so that is one less thing she has to worry about.

If you were to buy the embroidered towels outright at a store, how much would you be willing to pay for them? use that as a guide as to what to offer her.

Then again, she may be wanting to use the machine but may not have the "blanks" to use. Do be aware that sometimes accidents happen and the towel could get "eaten" by the machine through no fault of hers, be sure to have a couple extra so there's no hard feelings. You can always leave them with her also.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:39 PM

I have an embroidery/sewing machine and a friend of mine has been working with me to learn it. She has bought a lot of the designs and some thread. I have bought most of the thread and stabilizers, she brings over her items she wants to embroider and we usually take turns putting the embroidery on the item. We have learned so much about how to make the machine do what we want it to do and we have a great time doing it. Simple designs take about 20 minutes - others take an hour and half. Maybe she would like to have you there and have the companionship while doing it.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:50 AM

I like the lady's idea to pay $25.00 plus dinner out or make a dinner and take it to them. If he can't get around to good dinner in is good ?