Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Embroidery forums

Blog Entries

Embroidery forums

I have been thinking about getting into doing machine embroidery. Can anyone tell me if there is a great forum comparable to this quilt board forum? I do not have an Embroidery machine & I don't know anything about this.
    Thank you for all your help.
    Sue
    God bless

Blog Entries
    i'll be looking forward to the answer. I'd love to find a forum to share on.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

sewforum.com You'll find free designs, plus information pertaining to "anything" embroidery machine related, or sewing, quilting, etc....

Blog Entries
    thanks for the info
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I belong to several machine embroidery sites.....designsbysick, adorable applique, designs by juju just to name a few

CuteEmbroidery.com is a good one. Ask questions, show projects, learn of free designs offered each day by other sites, get a free font design each day,--also sewing etc. There used to be a "designs by cuties" that had many free designs, but is in maintenance now. Just register, or join and get all the designs free for 6 mo. Look into "Community" where you can learn so much about embroidery.

I was going to suggest this site (www.cuteembroidery.com) also.

Does your local quilt shop have an Embroidery class that you could visit and see what they do? I bought a machine with the capability of embroidery and was clueless about any of it. For me, I would never have learned the craft without a class and wonderful teacher. She even gave my friend and I special help at her house when we could not figure how to download to a USB. I had no idea I needed computer knowledge! Embroidery Library.com has info I refer to and is just a great site to check out. Good luck! Dianne
    Dianne

EmbLibrary has a large selection of "Help" videos; they cover probably any "how to" you might want to know. (Menu choices at top of their home page.)

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for all of the websites. I will be checking each and everyone of them. Thanks again.
    Sue Kitten
    God bless

Blog Entries
    This site has over 300 pages, on search at top of page. Put embroidery chat, started by crafty bear. I have relly enjoyed and received help there.

I'm very new to the embroidery thing too. I picked up a used machine not last weekend but the weekend before. I enjoy designsbysick.com as well.

One thing I will say is try to start with cut away stabilizer. I started with tear away and near tore away most of my hair at the same time. Apparently I like dense designs and dense and tear away don't go well together...

Thanks for posting this info. My best friend who is a member here just recently bought an embroidery machine and I can't help her because I KNOW NOTHING!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

is there one for hand embroidery??? you ladies are the best...

I used to go on sewforum but it has kind of been not so active lately. I keep to mostly facebook now as yahoo was also pretty inactive. Facebook seem to be the best for me but they is nothing compared to this board IMHO this board is the best out of the many I am on for response as well as positivity.
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante