Embroidery machine!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:23 PM

So great to hear everyone likes it. I was thinking a heavier fabric might be helpful. I just got a Brother CS 6000i for free from a cousin, which was missing the free motion foot so I'm also excited because it sounds like I can use the embroidery foot from this machine for free motion. I am going to keep the CS, so that while I keep an eye on the embroidery machine I can piece! I gave my old mechanical sewing machine to a friend, have to keep the good luck going so it can come back around!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:06 PM

Stitching away!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Faren
Stitching away!
That's great, lets see your stitching!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 PM

Done! And not too bad considering the needle fell out halfway through! Didn't even think about checking to see if it was tight. So it missed a few stitches, I redid them but the backside had a little bit of a tangle and I think that misaligned the pattern just a touch. I think I'll still use it though. Working on a picture.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 PM

Alright, here is my pink elephant.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-117891-1.htm#3084169
Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 PM

I bought a embroidery machine today! It is used and has the smallest hoop size, but that is prefect to find out if I really like doing it. It also came with a lot of embroidery thread, no stabilizer though. I didn't have enough time to run to the store so no playing for me tonight! I'll read the manual and start downloading some free designs. It is a Brother 270D two years old. I'm excited!
How great, lucky you. Enjoy. When I was looking at buying a new sewing machine, I looked at a very expensive model that did embroidery and quilting and ordinary sewing, and a very experienced sewer advised me not to get a machine that tried to do everything - if I wanted an embroidery machine buy one. That way, I wasn't tying up the machine doing one thing at a time. I could use both! I took her advice, and actually, its worked well and was cheaper!!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Power Poster

Congrats!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 AM

I bought a embroidery machine today! It is used and has the smallest hoop size, but that is prefect to find out if I really like doing it. It also came with a lot of embroidery thread, no stabilizer though. I didn't have enough time to run to the store so no playing for me tonight! I'll read the manual and start downloading some free designs. It is a Brother 270D two years old. I'm excited!
the 270D is very easy to use...she is my "take to class" machine and is very easy to do embroidery...I then bought a used 8500 with the 5x7 hoop which really hums along. You will love the machine with all those stitches and disney designs..the first thing I did was a minnie mouse quilt for a friend's baby and she loved it. good luck and have fun