Embroidery Machine

Old 10-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

I purchased a Janome 9500 Memory Craft and I have been very pleased with it. I paid $1800. Maybe it is me but $4000 seems like a lot. If you can afford it and it meets your needs, go for it.

Originally Posted by SunQuilts View Post
I currently use a PE770D embroidery machine and for the most part it meets my needs. But I find the lack of a better display screen when embroidering very frustrating. The PE770D is not in color so all you see really is a black blob and if the design is very detailed, it is difficult to tell exactly which part you are embroidering. So I am considering stepping up to another machine. My dealer says the next machine with that feature (color, detailed display of what is being embroidered), is the Dreammaker XL Innov-is VE2200 by Brother. Including the trade-in on my current machine, the cost will be about $4000. My question: does anyone know if this is a reasonable price? I tried to compare on line with SewVac and other places like that but they sell this machine only in their retail store, not on-line. One of the places indicated they had to sign an agreement with Brother in order to allow local stores to compete. Anyway, is $4000 a good price for the machine?

Thanks for any input.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by SunQuilts View Post
The price I quoted is for the embroidery only machine. I have the Dreamweaver VQ3000 (sewing only) and love it. But I didn't want a combination machine but a stand alone embroidery machine. Makes the two of them pretty pricey but, hey, I'm worth it! Seriously, I think I will go ahead with this purchase. Now to find a place to put a machine this large. Thanks for the input.
Just got the Brother Dreamweaver XE6200 combo machine even tho I have a BabyLock Symphony. I figured for the price difference -less than 700US$-that it was the better machine to use as backup and embroidery.

I am in the learning curve but loved it when I test drove it at an Anita Good show. I also had the PE-770 and also had the gray blob problem. I like the colour screen and the ease of operation. I really like the screen as it pinpoints where the needle is on the design and you can go back and restitch an area if you wish. I paid 5300US$ with the trade in machine. Mine also came with several disc of designs, an Anita Good club, quilt patterns and classes.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you end up with!
Old 10-26-2013, 10:38 AM

Good Luck-I never figured it out and that is why I got the new machine!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:17 AM

Also look at the janome 9900 little sister to 12000/15000
Old 10-26-2013, 02:15 PM

I have seen people pay 3600-3800, for 4k there should be more included. I would haggle a little more for a better price. I would also check other dealers in your area as it could be a good price for your area but I have seen people get it for cheaper than 4k. I paid alot for my XE combo but I live in an expensive area, it was good for the area at the time since it was just released
Old 10-26-2013, 02:30 PM

I use a program (SoWhatPro) but have used an Amazing Designs software on my lap top that let you review or change the colors on screen and see a quick stitch out of exactly where each color/section is going to sew - and you can totally change or delete a color selection if you want to. I find it very helpful with my Brother 770 and have the laptop next to my machine while stitching out. Of course you can also change color simply by putting another color spool on your machine, but sometimes you would like to get an "ahead" look "if I changed the color."

Marysewfun