Embroidery Machines

Old 02-15-2011, 08:03 AM

I have a Singer CE200, a Singer CE250 and a Singer XL6000, all used just for embroidery. I use a Viking and a Bernina for sewing. I love my embroidery machines, and some times have all three going, while I am sewing at my other machine.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I have a Babylock Ellisimo and can't say enough about this wonderful machine!

Previously had a Janome 10001 and it was also an incredible machine.

Now I am heavily into digitizing and embroidering.
Don't you just love the snowman. That is the neatest thing I have ever seen.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 AM

I have 3 older Pfaff 7570s, and would not trade them for any thing! I love the stitchs, and the embroidery, is all that I could want, not the bigest or the newest but just right for me! I got 2 of my Pfaffs this last Dec. one cost $900. the other at a pawn shop #325, but it did not have the embroidery unit, but I already had 2 so no worries for me.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:48 AM

I bought my first emb. machine over 12 years ago, it was a Bernia Deco, outgrew that one, upgraded to a Viking Designer I and I have two of them now.

You can pick one up from E-bay for around $900, they were the top of the line six or so years ago. You would love it, it will do all you need one to do.

I would love to upgrade to the new Diamond, but I love the two I have and would keep them anyway. Sometimes I have both of them going.

Don't worry about age, it has nothing to do with it, get one and go for it and have fun!!!!! By the way, I use mine almost everyday.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:26 AM

AFter wanting an embroidery machine for 30 yrs I finally bought one a couple years ago.

I did some research and decided on a Janome, came home with a Brother Innovis.

The pricing on the Brothers is great, as the format needed for the designs. User friendly.

decide how much to spend, and make sure you get the largest embroidery area you can afford.

With my machine i am now machine crazy quilting, and quilting along with putting the cute little duckies and things on grandkids store bought clothing.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM

I bought my first embroidery machine about 4yrs ago. It is a Singer CE250. I have had several Singer machines and this is a reasonably priced embroidery machine so was very interested. I did some homework and found they kind of got a bad review. I joined a group on Yahoo groups for machine embroidery and learned that most of the complaints on the machine are user error. So I bought the Singer 250. I learned very quickly how to use it successfully and have soooo enjoyed this machine and it cost me $799. Since I have bought the singer Quartet that came out recently on HSN. It has a larger hoop than my 250 does and the main reason for my purchase. The largest hoop on the 250 is a 5 x 7 which did me fine for many years. I still find I don't embroider much bigger than that but i still have that option with the quartet. I love the Quartet as well although it is not available yet. Sometime this year it is supposed to be sold at singer dealers. HSN introduced it selling a limited 2600 machines, I think saying it would be available sometime this year. In general I am saying that if you don't want to spend a whole lot of money the Singer embroidery machines are a good buy but you do have to hook it up to a computer. I think that is why it is much cheaper. I already had a laptop so that was no big deal for me. I can recommend a machine that is very similar to the Quartet that is newly released, H|CLASS™ 600E by HUSQVARNA VIKING. It is basically the same as my Quartet but may have a few more bells and whistles and I believe sells for around $1,000. to $1,400. Not real sure on that. I really like the Quartet alot and the HClass600 are made by the same company that owns Singer, Pfaff and Viking/Husqvarna. Hope this helps. I also want to say that when starting to machine embroider that no matter ehat machine you buy your success will largely depend on learning a little about M.E. and the correct threads to use and stabilizers, etc. I saw a woman trying to use regular thread in the bobbin of a Singer Emb. Mach. and it did not embroider right so she blamed it on the machine. You use a thread called bobbin fill not regular thread. Just one example of how the Singer got a bad report. If you have any questions give me a holler......hope this helps. :)
Old 02-15-2011, 09:40 AM

Forgot to say, the Singer Embroidery machines also can be used for sewing. I really enjoy piecing a quilt on both my Singers.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:40 AM

I have a Bernina 180E, I bought it new in 1999 and had it upgraded several times. I love the machine and it still embroiders like new. Luckily I bought my embroidery machine before prices skyrocketed. I can't understand paying $10,000 for a sewing machine. I would look for an older model with a cheaper price tag. :thumbup:
Old 02-15-2011, 10:11 AM

I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 and use it constantly. I love to sew with it, too, but it is almost totally dedicated to embroidery. I wish I could get the Viking Diamond...wow!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM

check out the Janomes. They don't need a large attachment.