Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ever feel like quilting is giving you OCD? >

Ever feel like quilting is giving you OCD?

Ever feel like quilting is giving you OCD?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:55 PM

It's only OCD if it interferes with your life. Quilting is your life, you say? No problem!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I am finding myself going from project to project to project. Recently got EQ5 & 6, the Town & Country software from EQ, a new dresden tool, and a WONDERFUL Welcome to my Cabin book (given to me by a friend). I just find myself wandering around from one to the next not knowing where to go. Then there's the stash that still needs organizing, the new machine that could use some TLC (not to mention the garden, weeding of the flower beds, laundry, and other general responsibilities)... anybody in the same boat as me?? I'm starting to drive myself nuts. :shock:
In the same boat here...Too much going on and not knowing which way to go..I have to keep reminding myself to take one thing at a time..
Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Just wanted to share that I came up with a game plan that seems to be helping. Today I locked myself in my sewing room (without guilt!) and actually took time to sort my entire stash by color and size (still working on it, but almost there). I've got a bunch of piles lined up on my window seat, plus a basket full of 'scraps' that I can use for my next paper-piecing project (by Town & Country EQ). Never thought that just organizing and gaining somewhat control in my area would feel so good. I found a bunch of really cool fabric that I totally forgot I had because it was buried under my piles. I can now start to plan which colors to use in my next project with ease. My next step will be to actually make a list and cross things off to show taht I AM actually making steps forward. I think setting goals and taking time to do things right is going to help me be able to quilt more in the long run.

Anyway, just wanted to share! :)
Old 06-26-2011, 02:47 PM

I try to stick with one project to do handwork on and another for piecing...but I'm no where near as bad about perfectionism as I used to be. The Jane Stickle quilt cured me of THAT! lol
Old 06-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I am finding myself going from project to project to project. Recently got EQ5 & 6, the Town & Country software from EQ, a new dresden tool, and a WONDERFUL Welcome to my Cabin book (given to me by a friend). I just find myself wandering around from one to the next not knowing where to go. Then there's the stash that still needs organizing, the new machine that could use some TLC (not to mention the garden, weeding of the flower beds, laundry, and other general responsibilities)... anybody in the same boat as me?? I'm starting to drive myself nuts. :shock:
YEP....
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Yes you are officially OCD. See ya on hoarders! (I'll be there)
Old 06-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
Yes you are officially OCD. See ya on hoarders! (I'll be there)
yeah....I will finally get to MEET you Magpie..hehehehe

thinning out my hoard these days..fixing to do some GIVE A WAYS!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:15 PM

They should have a group show and we can volunteer our hoards.
Let me know when you give-away! I don't have enough yet!