Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Excited

Excited

I know this is going to sound dumb ,but I am so happy to get my washer/dryer today. No more going to my dads or the In-laws, no more lugging huge baskets

Blog Entries
    that's not dumb at all. hauling laundry is no fun. and now you can wash your fabrics at home and iron them right away
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Not dumb at all! I would be excited too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    and now you can wash your fabrics at home and iron them right away

Now that is a very positive answer!!

We should always see the quilting side of things.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

It will be so much easier for you being able to do your laundry at home. Enjoy your new washer/dryer!!

Congratulations! There is nothing like the independence of being able to wash your dirty laundry in the middle of the night, during commercials, in between margaritas, whatever!! I hated laundromats when I was younger - and I mean HATED them. There was one near my house that you could pay by the pound to wash and dry your stuff. I would pay them the extra money quite happily and drop my clothing off on the way to the beach!! Alas, now that I have my own machine, I have a much harder time getting other people to wash, dry and fold it while I hang out at the coast. Go figure...
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Blog Entries
    Good for you! I'd be excited too

i think it is great and very happy for you. hauling around laundry is not fun.

When my older sister finally got her washer and dryer (years ago, but she was about your age), she had been suing laundromats. She continued "paying" to use the washer and dryer, tucking away those quarters. She soon had a stash of mad money that she'd use to splurge on herself once in awhile. Anyhow, congratulations. More time to sew!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Not dumb at all! I was so excited when we moved from an apartment to a condo because I had my very own W/D and I could do laundry whenever I wanted. I still love those machines now that we're in a house. They're my favorite things, second only to air-conditioning (we're in FL)-lol!

Blog Entries
    I am excited for you.

I just got a new washer because my old one the timer that made it change from wash to spin to rinse etc was broke. So I had to wear a timer around my neck so I could know when to go back out in the garage and advance the washer. If I forgot, the washer would go on forever. Ask me how I know. I'm physically challenged so that was a pain.

It is wonderful. I was so happy when we moved from an apartment to our first home (a condo) and we had our own washer and dryer. No waiting any more for open machines, lugging laundry in all sorts of weather, or sitting in the laundromat killing time between loads.

For years, cold weather, hot weather, cloudy or sunny, I had to dry my clothes outside because I had a washer but no connection for a dryer on our farm. After a few years of this, I mutinied and got a dryer. What a difference a dryer made. Happy day!

Blog Entries
    Yes. A washer and dryer plus a dishwasher. I'm in heaven!
    CHOCOLATE MAKES MY CLOTHES SHRINK.

Congrats. Nothing like having your own....

Power Poster
    oh i know you are excited nothing like having to go elsewhere to do laundry
    QUILTNMO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    I know this is going to sound dumb ,but I am so happy to get my washer/dryer today. No more going to my dads or the In-laws, no more lugging huge baskets
    Good for you. They are a real blessing.

Blog Entries
    Call it being excited or gratitude - of course you are excited! I see in your avatar you have a baby and Baby produces lots of laundry. Now you can stay home. I'm happy for you!

Natalie
    Mountain Woman

It's a definite step up, and thanks for posting it because it made me remember getting my own first washer and dryer many years ago. It felt as if I'd entered a new phase of my life. I really was because at the time our first baby was about to arrive and the laundry equipment was needed for baby things. The first baby is 38 now and washing quite a few baby clothes himself these days.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Excited for you too. I remember one year I made night gowns & pj's for my kids for Christmas. My first trip to the laundromat with them, the washer leaked oil all over them. I was just sick about it. Wasn't long after that I got my first washer, but had to wait for the dryer.