Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: fabric for scrubs shirts

Question fabric for scrubs shirts

Ive been searching for fabric to make my husband scrub shirts. My problem is I cant find what he wants. Desert digital camo (brown color) my search has only found a cotton poly blend. Do you think that would be ok to make he a shirt out of? Most of the fabrics are twills or made with nylon, most heavy for pants and heavy for field shirts. He wears these to bed for a night shirt so they cant be heavy fabric. Any help or suggestions where I can find just cotton fabric, I cant find just cotton. So what do you all think?????
    The hardships we experience, The trials that we face, Will teach us that we're strongest when we're trusting in God's grace. -Sper

Blog Entries
    i was in a quilt shop, Material Rewards, Dansville NY, last weekend. they carry higher end cotton fabric. they had brown colored camo there... not sure if it was desert digital, though.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

do they have a website Nancy?
    The hardships we experience, The trials that we face, Will teach us that we're strongest when we're trusting in God's grace. -Sper

Blog Entries
    i just typed Material Rewards into Google and it came right up http://www.materialrewards.com/
    Nancy in western NY
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Thank you Nancy, I sent them an email since you cant search the fabrics they carry. Dee

Blog Entries
    you're welcome
    Nancy in western NY

I have made my DBIL scrubs out of cotton/poly blend. He likes them because they last longer.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Thank you for telling me that, I wasn't sure about the cotton poly blend. I did find that fabric online but didn't want to buy it not knowing if it would be ok, so thank you so much for responding, much appreciated, now I will buy it.

All the scrubs are made with a cotton poly blend (NO Iron - that's the poly). I've made a lot of scrubs, both 100% cotton and the cotton poly blend. The cotton ALWAYS has to be ironed after washing and after it's been on for a bit, it looks like you have been sleeping in your scrubs. If your husband is just sleeping in them, then you would be better off with 100% cotton (cooler to sleep in). Remember poly doesn't breath, so if you have a lot of poly in you blend it might get too warm to sleep in.

If you find 60% cotton and 40% poly the scrubs will not be a wrinkled mess, and not to hot. You should be able to find that in various patterns. Here in FL the 100% cotton is a little cooler but gets very wrinkled with humidity.

Our Ben Franklin store carries brown camo as well as a variety of other colors. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Have you checked Bear Paw quilting? Here is the link(http://www.bearpawquilting.com/cgi-b...&keywords=camo) I have bought from them in the past.

It looks like they have digital in 100% cotton. I just found another website: https://www.lurasfabricshop.com/cata...=digital+brown.

I would just search for "digital brown camo" online and see what you can find.