Fabric At Wal-Mart

Old 04-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Default Fabric At Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart in Hanford, Ca. is remodeling their store for a May 16th grand opening of their fabric dept. To what extent they are bringing their fabric back is unknown at this time. It's a wait and see for now.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 PM

We have a lot of fabric in ours, the quality is awful or great! You will have to learn to read each end of bolt and see where it is made, some is so thin its' like tissue and some is really great. Hoope you get the good stuff. Also the notions are quite reasonable, I got a June Taylor ruler for $5.00
Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 PM

We should be getting a much needed Wal Mart sometime this summer! Will only be about 6 miles from us instead of 20 one way and 26 the other direction. Is suppose to be the biggest Wal Mart for a 400 mile radius! As long as they have fabric and sewing department I will be thrilled! This is in Denton on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and, though we will have to pay sales tax, it will save a lot of gas money to not have to go to Deleware to do our shopping.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 PM

My Walmart is also being remodeled - they just brought fabric back in - What I love is all the interfacing, fusible fleece, and muslin - they have a great selection and its very inexpensive - Also, I just found the cutest 54" decorator fabric - very nice weight - and it was only $ 5.00 or $ 6.00 per yard and finally found fusible vinyl that you iron onto your cotton fabric - great for lunch bags or diaper bags.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 PM

Wish they'd bring in a decent fabric dept here in our Walmart in South Salem (OR)...they took out about 75% of it over a year ago and what is left is SAD. Lousy fabric quality, and not much to look at. Don't understand it....so I spend my fabric money at Joann's or the local fabric stores when I hit sales. Walmart doesn't want my money that's fine with me -- I'll spend it where I can get something good.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

We have Wal Marts around here with fabrics. I think it is nice that they have different prices and different kinds, as not everyone makes quilts and not everyone can afford to pay high prices. Not everyone wants 100% cotton for clothing or curtains.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 AM

Our closest one keeps expanding.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 AM

Our Wally world brought it back, and they've quite the collection. Now if they would organize it. Most of it you have to dig through to see whats on the bottom. For about two weeks they had large clear tubs with bolts of fabric. An associate told me they keep sending fabric but no shelving to put it on, Very messy. No one works in that department. If you want fabric you have to go to the Electronics department to get someone to cut the fabric. I'm not complaining, I can dig for a bargin, but to be honest most of the time I don't feel like digging. Hope your wally world has a better plan than ours.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 AM

They brought back fabric here in Lebanon Mo.and its a mess -they don't have it organized and all they need is more shelving and so far they don't have the selection like before-but I could be spoiled I finally moved here from the Toledo Oh area and the Wally store had a really nice set up and had a wonderful selection and I was able to always find what ever I wanted whether it was quilting or clothing I could even find the heavier rubber-backed fab for curtains-
Old 04-28-2012, 01:15 PM

Good Luck! Wish they'd get it at ours!