Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Facebook has all your phone numbers! >

Facebook has all your phone numbers!

Facebook has all your phone numbers!

Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 AM

I agree............

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
this is something that only YOU did by using FB on your phone, but all of your contacts that you can see their #'s also did...this is NOT a violation from FB...just lack of reading the rules on the part of those who use their phones and a SOCIAL network...remember in this day of high tech gangsters, if you don't want the world to know your business...don't use your cell phone like a PA system!....
Old 08-12-2011, 06:53 AM

Okay, the way that I am understanding this...........If I used my cell phone to do Facebook, this is what happens. Well I don't, but I looked at my contacts, and the ones that do use their phone to use facebook, their numbers are their. So I have decided, if these people want their phone numbers out there, good for them, it won't be happening with my phone "ever". Next question thou, "how do you remove their numbers from your contact list?"

Originally Posted by Lizzytish
ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE are now on Facebook. No joke -go to the top right of the screen, click on Account, then click on Edit Friends, go left on the screen and click on Contacts. All phone numbers from your phone (FB friends or not) are published. Please repost this on your Status. <-- OMG!!! Such a violation!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:01 AM

another reason why I don't use this
Old 08-12-2011, 07:14 AM

ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE are now on Facebook. No joke -go to the top right of the screen, click on Account, then click on Edit Friends, go left on the screen and click on Contacts. All phone numbers from your phone (FB friends or not) are published. Please repost this on your Status. <-- OMG!!! Such a violation!
I checked and there is a place to the right of the contacts that tells you what to do if you don't want the contacts there. The only contacts that are there on my page are the contacts that should be there. I infrequently use my phone for FB and it not pull all my contacts in my phone on there. I don't think it's a FB violation. I think it's not totally understanding all the new technology. But they do give you a way to fix it.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 AM

Not all of the phone numbers, just the phone numbers of your friends who have listed them. Only a few numbers of my friends on facebook appear. There are also a lot of numbers in my phone that don't appear. I think these lists from your phone come about because you use a facebook app on your phone.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:21 AM

The phone numbers that show up are only the people who have put it in their contact information. Not a wise idea, but just because you have a mobile doesn't mean your number is in there unless you put it in. Some of my friends have their addresses in there as well. A couple have their numbers because of their business. So if you don't want your email, phone, address in Facebook, then easy enough. Don't put it in in the first place. Simple as that.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Sorry double post.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM

I may still be there, but
I DUMPED THEM ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO.

I hate Facebook - Twitter - etc.
J J
Old 08-12-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn

Okay, wait a minute. . . Only some of my FB friends phone numbers came up and the ones that did, I don't even have their numbers in my phone. . .
DITTO

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 AM

I do not facebook at all.