Facebook vs Quilting Board

Old 02-11-2011, 11:27 PM

I wonder how many people see Facebook in the title and then just have to run off to FB. It's an addiction. Do 40 sit ups every time you want to read Facebook. lulz That'll fix 'em.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:47 AM

My kids do live all over the country,but FB is not for me.Tried it for 3 days,got about 50 posts/etc from ppl wanting to be friends....most of whom I didn't know/remember.....or care to know.
Once I decided to get off FB,it was amazing how long it took to be sure I was OFF.Not easy & it's time consuming.I read that many ppl who think they're off FB haven't completed all the steps required, so it's like a sleeping dog, ready to nip you again. Just not for me.The i Phones,i Pads etc works fine for my family.Don't care if they're on FB....just isn't for me.

Originally Posted by luvstitches
I don't have a FB and plan on never getting one.
I don't care what people are doing i.e. what they had for dinner, who they don't like, etc.
I do realize that it is nice to have when kids live all over the US and it's a good way to keep in touch but I still wont get one.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:48 AM

I use facebook too, keep up with my kids on that site.I just love this site!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:24 PM

I have 2 Facebook accounts, one for family and the other for my quilting shops, friends, AccuQuilt, and anything I come across that has to do with quilting. That account I check everyday but the other- my family accOunt is lucky to get checked once a week if then. I am the oldest of 7 kids and have lived away from them for 40+ years. Thought it might be good way to keep in contact but NOT! My one brother asked, why I was picking on Him and I wanted to reply why was he so stupid? Don't think family FB is for me.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

I dont care for Facebook.My daughter talked me into it but I seldom say anything and its really boring to me.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:50 PM

I can barely stand face book,and it is a good thing as I am on here more than my son is on face book, I can't have another addiction,lol
Old 02-12-2011, 03:22 PM

That's how I got on FB for 3 days ...DD talked me into it.I talked myself off it :)

Originally Posted by Riversong
I dont care for Facebook.My daughter talked me into it but I seldom say anything and its really boring to me.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 PM

I am on facebook, but really do not like that anyone and everyone can see what is entered. If I want to communicate, I would rather email.
This board is wonderful and I do not know how I ever made it without it. Love you guys and gals.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:53 PM

I do both usually.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 PM

Only quilting board for me!! Facebook is a waste of time that I could spend on the QB.