Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: farmer's almanac winter prediction

I love all the seasons really... I love the heat in summer, but I love cuddling up with soft, warm things in winter! Missouri is really the perfect place for me :)

Blog Entries
    I welcome cooler weather with open arms and warm coat, gloves and hat!!!!

Blog Entries
    DITTO !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I'm ready, Freddy!!
    This heat has to go!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    EC might mean extremely cold????????

I don't like winter either and those maps did not make me feel good!

Blog Entries
    Not now; we rarely have snow and even when it's cold we normally always have at least one weekend a month w/around 70 degree weather all winter. Last year was bad for us; more snow than normal and more cold. Which is what is predicted again for this year; slightly colder, more snow, etc. I don't like being cold; it takes too long to warm up. Now I know I have to get my jeep on the road. I hated having to drive my 2010 Fusion last year in the snow; it did good but I was a nervous wreck. Most people around here don't know how to drive in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg
    Not now; we rarely have snow and even when it's cold we normally always have at least one weekend a month w/around 70 degree weather all winter. Last year was bad for us; more snow than normal and more cold. Which is what is predicted again for this year; slightly colder, more snow, etc. I don't like being cold; it takes too long to warm up. Now I know I have to get my jeep on the road. I hated having to drive my 2010 Fusion last year in the snow; it did good but I was a nervous wreck. Most people around here don't know how to drive in the snow.
    I totally agree! My family took a vacation down to Florida in 2004 right after Christmas and we were in NC and they had a major ice storm and people were sliding all over the place. My dad finally decided he was in more danger from other drivers than the ice and we stayed in a hotel that afternoon. The next day was better but the highway was a traffic jam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahrachel
    hoping to cool some of you down as well as share a bit of hope.
    here's a link to see the maps, but overall this winter looks to be a little colder than normal, a little/lot wetter than normal except for a good portion stretching from Montana to Mexico, and more snow than normal. Maybe the water table will be back where it belongs next spring if this is true! Anyone else counting down til winter??

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/forum/...recast-maps-2/
    Sounds like the winter we just went through here in Tennessee. Not counting down til winter, but just some cooler weather would be nice.

After looking at those maps I am very happy that we will be moving from Minnesota to Florida in a month! I have dealt with the snow all my life and am looking forward to leaving the snow blowers and shovels behind! :)

don't know what EC means....I'm in that area

YUCK!! Colder, wetter and more snow than normal! I can't take another winter!!! I hate it!!! :(

yea, I'm in the extremely cold part......hooray

I'm ready it so damn hot here.....

Quote Originally Posted by sarahrachel
    hoping to cool some of you down as well as share a bit of hope.
    here's a link to see the maps, but overall this winter looks to be a little colder than normal, a little/lot wetter than normal except for a good portion stretching from Montana to Mexico, and more snow than normal. Maybe the water table will be back where it belongs next spring if this is true! Anyone else counting down til winter??

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/forum/...recast-maps-2/
    Counting down to WINTER!!!!!!!!!!! We just got summer!!! Ok it's been HOTTER THEN HAITTI but at least it doesn't last 6 months, But on the flip side of that I know Texas really needs the moisture. God Bless them

Okay, with snowfall/precipitation above normal and temps below normal (my area), does that mean the Missouri will be flooded again next year? I am not sure we can take another year like this one.

My DH and I hung a January calendar on the wall for its picture of snow, to take our minds off the extreme heat and all the water around here. Yes, I am ready for fall/winter to come. Personally, I hope fall sticks around so I can do some of the remedial yardwork that I can't do in the heat!

OMG I was hopping for a not so cold winter this year last year just about did me in. I heat with wood, live alone, and on a tight budget. I had my stove going until May. It is an outside one so not matter what the weather I have to go. Have no back up heat. So lets hope that they are wrong just a winter with no extremes please.

Blog Entries
    I'll take the cold weather rather than the extremely hot and very dry summer we're having here in TX. We're nearing the 40 day mark of triple digit temps. Pastures/gardens are gone. Weeds are even dying. Ranchers, dairymen and farmers are selling their livestock due to lack of pastures and/or water - well you've heard the story. My son just left this morning on a 770 mile trip north (one way) to pick up a load of suitable hay for their horses. Looked for hay in southern KS with no luck so had to go further north into Iowa. Keep praying for rain in the drought areas.

Didn't like the drier than usual on precipitation forecast. Hope it is wrong. We are soooooooooooooo very dry now.

Oh, those maps scare me. Shows lower than normal rainfall. We don't need that. We need rain so bad. Had to buy hay yesterday just to keep animals alive. Hate to sell everything off as we so enjoy watching and taking care of them. They are our friends. When it is cool enough we sit on the back porch and watch. You can learn so much from them.

Yes i cannot wait until this summer is over - to hot and humid.

I have to drive up and down hills in winter, so I don't really enjoy the snow & ice. The only days of the year I want snow is Christmas eve and Christmas. Then, as far as I'm concerned, it can go away!! I'll take the rain!

Yes, yes, yes.........I LOVE winter. I can keep the thermometer at 65 and love it!! Granted, I don't have to drive in it if I don't feel like it and I do love Spring and Autumn but a summer like this one? I don't care if I ever see another one as hot!!

Blog Entries
    I would love to have fall from Sept. until the first week in December, then a little snow for Christmas then back to fall until May, (in Michigan we don't get spring, it goes directly from winter to summer).

Blog Entries
    I love winter!!

YES !!! I'm really tired of the heat !

ksea- LOVE your avatar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast