Favorite Thing?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Dee

My DH and my puppy dog.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Not in the global sense, but personally, I cherish my freedom -- freedom to sleep when I want to, eat when I want to, go out, stay home, clean, or not!, sew, read, nap, play with the barn cats, wash the dishes when I'm ready, empty the dryer when I feel like it, to never "have" to make the bed, to just sit and watch the sunset even though dinner is waiting, to plan any project I feel like and carry it to completion without disrupting someone else's schedule.

I cherish my single status and the freedom it gives me to be complete in and of myself, and rarely lonely. :)

Jan in VA
your took the words right out of my mouth! maybe if my exH had been a DH I would feel different? LOL He was more of a AHH.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:55 PM

God and my family and friends for sure!

Since experiencing a bankruptcy some years ago I can tell you that it is dangerous to get attached to "stuff" in life .

Bankruptcy taught us "who" our real friends were, how much we really need to find joy and the power and majesty of God.

My husband quoted a line from the song "Me and Bobby McGee" - "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..."
Old 11-16-2010, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Boy, that is a hard one. I don't like being without a car either but I would miss my computer alot!!
Me, too!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 AM

Car, cat, books, movie classics on Tv, but not TV is self, it is BORING, brave men and women who have fought for our freedom and fought for the freedom of others, my friends, family and so many other things. Our heavenly Father, and God.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:17 PM

I agree with Riversong. Without God, none of the things we have would matter at all. It seems that whatever I need, it is provided, what more could one ask for?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
Other than your sewing machines and accessories, what is your favorite thing that you would have a hard time living without? My is my Laptop. Hubby got this one for me for my birthday this year after many nights of waiting to use our home computer. It is so much easier now that we each can go online at the same time without waiting for the other one to finish. What is your favorite thing?
my grandchildren...lol they are the bestestest lol
Old 11-16-2010, 02:06 PM

If we're only talking about "things" and not the important people in our lives, I could not imagine a world without books!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM

My husband

after that our mean ass kids!!!!

Grand babies, Kola, Bella, Cali and Chili Palmer
Old 11-16-2010, 05:22 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

This is going to sound so very trivial, but...

it's my broken-handled hoe.

It's ancient, a relic that my husband probably took from one of his uncle's farm. I've never seen a hoe like it. The cutting edge of the blade is curved, and very thin, which makes it the absolute best tool ever for slicing through weeds and the top of hard-baked clay soil. And the angle to the handle makes it, just, nice...

My son (who's always thinking) says that the reason it is so effective is that the curved blade concentrates all the force in one place.

It's not one of those Korean digger scoop-shaped hoes. I've even searched online for antique tools... and still have not found anything quite like it.

I'd love to know what it actually is!

BTW did I mention that there's only about 18" of handle left? Well, I *still* love it best!