Feel good story

Old 06-27-2019, 06:17 AM

Default Feel good story

We see so much negativity in news so it’s refreshing to hear good news.

A police department in the area had a 2 week Safety Class for kids so every day they learned something new. A 5 year old boy used his new skill to call 911 a few hours later one day because his Mother was having a medical emergency. The same officer who taught the class was one of the responders.

This is blows me away. “Hats off” to parents for sending their children to this and also “high fives” to police for teaching the sessions.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:47 AM

Hooray for all teachers.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:51 AM

Once as I was calling in a fire, I gave the location and then my phone line burned up. It was a garage accross the alley. I then moved my car to give better access for the firefighters. The next morning I noitced my tail lights were pink and saggy. They had melted a bit. The car in the garage was toast. Sadly it had been a beautiful Comet Caliente. ( be careful what you name your car)
Old 06-28-2019, 03:31 AM

Great summer project for kids. Love this “Officer Friendly” story.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:33 AM

We lived at the end of the road across from an accident prone man. This man was working on his car and had it jacked up when the supports gave way and the car pinned him under. His wife discovered this and ran to get us. Of course my husband would not go outside without his shoes, but I ran to the scene. We just looked at each other and lifted the car off the man. I remember how light the car was. Finally, my husband got his shoes on and pulled the man out. Everyone lived. The first responders wanted us to show them how we lifted the car off. And we could not even wiggle it. Classic example of adrenaline rush.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

Classes are great for everyone. including children. when an emergency happens things run so much smoother and the child stays fairly calm and that's a good thing.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

That's a great story, Tranum. Thanks for sharing with us.
You're right- there's so much bad news that we tend to forget all the good things going on.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
We lived at the end of the road across from an accident prone man. This man was working on his car and had it jacked up when the supports gave way and the car pinned him under. His wife discovered this and ran to get us. Of course my husband would not go outside without his shoes, but I ran to the scene. We just looked at each other and lifted the car off the man. I remember how light the car was. Finally, my husband got his shoes on and pulled the man out. Everyone lived. The first responders wanted us to show them how we lifted the car off. And we could not even wiggle it. Classic example of adrenaline rush.
You hear about that happening, it's interesting to hear from someone who's experienced it.