Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
fess up to your collecting rituals....... >

fess up to your collecting rituals.......

fess up to your collecting rituals.......

Old 05-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Banned

don't have money to collect. which I guess is a good thing :-D . God bless. Penny
Old 05-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Someone tied me to this dang "quilting board"...I've forgotten what my DH looks like! What does DH mean? Don't laugh...give me a break...I just learned TODAY how to spell newbie.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:09 PM

Buttons, button, button who's got the button?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:23 PM

I collect: Princess House crystal- Heritage and Fantasia
I have some Fenton and depression glass.
And tea pots- some for display, some will come out after I redo my kitchen
started collecting vintage sewing gadgets- buttons, spools, boxes
some old linens too
some antique furniture, old cook books
and old cars- I have 2, hubby has 1.
sewing machines- I think there's 8. but will thin the herd as I want a long arm and the deal is to be down to 2.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:26 PM

I used to collect bird figurines, but have enough to fill a tall curio cabinet.
Now we weaknesses are fabric, cookbooks, and cooking gadgets. ;)
Old 05-16-2010, 04:47 PM

I have done my darndest NOT to collect anything. But I do allow myself a limited number of favorite things, depending on what my current passion is. I love teapots, but 4 is enough. My granddaughters and I do have plenty of teaparties, so it's reasonable to add several odd assortment of cups and saucers. I have always had one sewing machine, but recently acquired 2 more. now 3 is enough. Thimbles are my weakness, but I use them all. I have 2 Roxannes, 2 Clovers which are similar to the Roxannes, and also a heavy, deeply recessed thimble, an antique brass one, some good for nothing plastic ones, and then the typical thimbles that seem to work fine for others but not me. At least all my thimbles fit in one little drawer. So that's why I don't consider myself a collector.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:49 PM

Oh, and well, yes, I do have too many quilting hoop/frames. I'll just say I have more than 4. But that's it! No more, and I'm serious about that! Honest.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Google Goddess

cool thread
I have collected thimbles, bears, shot glasses, postcards, craft books tons of them
Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 AM

I enherited a bell collection.
Have all ways collected books. Mystery,romance,and history. Over the years our library has a book sale every year, well I come home with a huge tote of books, dvd's and books on tape. Books on tape are great because I listen while I sew. I love books about Art and History --Presidents (George Washington and Thomas Jefferson)and Civil War.I'm not a history buff but these books have come in handy for school reports, for my kids especially.
Charlotte Bronte' --collecting first editions-It's amazing what a 110 year old book feels like(just a book I know) but she was a live when this was published!I can go on and on I have a library in its self. :-D
Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by susie0808
I enherited a bell collection.
Have all ways collected books. Mystery,romance,and history. Over the years our library has a book sale every year, well I come home with a huge tote of books, dvd's and books on tape. Books on tape are great because I listen while I sew. I love books about Art and History --Presidents (George Washington and Thomas Jefferson)and Civil War.I'm not a history buff but these books have come in handy for school reports, for my kids especially.
Charlotte Bronte' --collecting first editions-It's amazing what a 110 year old book feels like(just a book I know) but she was a live when this was published!I can go on and on I have a library in its self. :-D
Oh, yes, books! They are so much a part of my life that I don't think of them as a "collecting" item. I have a Lorna Doone book that is very very old and a beautiful cover. But I have thinned down my books lately. I had boxes and boxes and shelves full of romance and history books... but those were my research books. I spent 10 years writing historical romance novels and loved every bit of the writer's life. But now, I'm ready to relax and just do what I want. So the books, most of them, have gone to good homes. Except my civil war history books, those I will keep.