Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Finally had my operation on 6/10 >

Finally had my operation on 6/10

Finally had my operation on 6/10

Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Glad everything went ok. My husband had a shoulder replaced and he also said that the anticipation was the worst part.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:38 AM

I am facing a knee replacement on the 23rd....this pain has changed my life and what I like to do couldn't even get to the quilt show this year knew I couldn't walk it. You are suppose to start moving it right away..you need to call the DR. Take care....
Old 06-12-2011, 11:39 AM

So glad you had it done 55 too young to be in pain - I am sure once you have recovered you will be happy with it Take good care!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
Hello! I wish to thank all who responded to my post in regard to having knee surgery. When I found out I was rather upset. I have never had surgery before at the ripe age of 55 and was scared to death. When I posted on this board I had so many kind responses with others who had gone thru the same thing.
Well, I am home now and feeling ok. The worst part was the anticipation! It is nice to know there is somewhere I can reach out to others. I may be out of my sewing room for awhile but at least I can get on to see all the beautiful items posted. So I just figure I will be sewing in my mind!
Thank you again!
Just wait until you're back into your old routine! You'll spend at least a day kicking yourself because you didn't get that knee fixed earlier. Be sure to do the rehab faithfully. froggyintexas
Old 06-12-2011, 11:55 AM

You are tougher than you thought. It dosen't matter if you are 5 or 55 you always will have some feelings of apprehension. You made it....Enjoy and just recover!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bcfernurse
I am facing a knee replacement on the 23rd....this pain has changed my life and what I like to do couldn't even get to the quilt show this year knew I couldn't walk it. You are suppose to start moving it right away..you need to call the DR. Take care....
You will be so glad! You will have some postop surgical pain, but the pain in your knee will be gone. Rehab isn't apiece of cake, but getting your knee fixed is worth more than you can imagine as long as it is sick. froggyintexas
Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
thanks for the kind words. question...when shoud i start bending and all? the only thing i have done is walk a little with my crutches, put some ice on it and elevate it? i really was not given much in the way of rehab! only discharge papers were given to my BF and he is useless trying to remember things. papers said just to elevate & ice?!
You should have some programmed rehab. Get back in touch with your physician. Physical therapists can come to your house several time a week and help you get the motion back in the knee. Amazing that you aren't in rehab. Someone must have dropped the ball. froggyintexas
Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Praying for a speedy recovery...God Bless xoxoxo
Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 PM

Take plenty of time for recovery. You will not be back to normal right away but keep pluging away at the exercises and you'll be back to normal soon. I've a knee and hip replacement and need the other knee done soon so I know how your feel.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Happy you are done with surgery. Have a great recovery. I am also recovering from surgery but not as extensive as yours. I had a total reconstruction of my Achilles tendon. They had to take a big chunk of it out. It was 85% gone. That was in April. I have therapy now because of all the nerves messed up around the tendon and I still cant walk much because my whole foot swells up. I am lucky I use the start and stop button to run my machine and I have my foot up on a stool.Now also.
Anyways I hope you are able to heal quickly. God Bless.