Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Finally have decided where to move >

Finally have decided where to move

Finally have decided where to move

Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
The Iredell County Senior Center in Mooresville has a guild. They meet a couple of times a month. We have quilters that come from Charlotte and Winston-Salem to the meetings. Come pay us a visit when you get moved.
It's actually called the South Iredell Senior Center and the guild is the Mooresville Centerpiece Quilters Guild (about 100 members). We're having a quilt show October 29 - 30, 2010 and hope you will be able to come on up. Mary Jo's is about 50 miles away from my front door. I also belong to a guild in Lincolnton (Piecemakers Quilt Guild - meets the 1st Wedneday of each month at the Senior Center on Academy Street in Lincolnton) - we have a few members from Gastonia, some from Mooresville and some from Charlotte - and we are small - about 35 at the moment.

For non-quilty pleasure you need to try Tony's Ice Cream on Franklin Blvd (that's the big main street) - goood stuff! Long Creek Mills is where I go to get my machine embroidery thread - they also have thread for sergers and regular cotton thread - which I haven't bought - yet.
We'll all be glad to welcome you to NC - I moved here in 2003 from Arizona and just love it.

Let me know if I can help.
Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 08-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Thanks again for all the good wishes. The one thing I have never regretted in my life was learning to sew and teaching myself to quilt. I have so many ideas and so much fabric that I have more than enough to keep me busy for the rest of my lifetime. It really is not only a challenge, but calming and also of great pleasure to quilt. I have said it before and I do not think I can express it enough how much I enjoy this board and all its members. Just like one big family here. Love it, Love it, Love it!!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Banned

Congratulation on the moving, and I am so sorry for your loss. God bless.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:08 AM

Well, since i live in WV,,,..Congrats to your Mom,,,and I Love NC....any part of it....nice
Old 08-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Google Goddess

Congratulations on your move, you will have a new start in life, have fun quilting and meeting new friends

Originally Posted by dphelps
Thanks again for all the good wishes. The one thing I have never regretted in my life was learning to sew and teaching myself to quilt. I have so many ideas and so much fabric that I have more than enough to keep me busy for the rest of my lifetime. It really is not only a challenge, but calming and also of great pleasure to quilt. I have said it before and I do not think I can express it enough how much I enjoy this board and all its members. Just like one big family here. Love it, Love it, Love it!!