First week out

Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 AM

I am in the middle of my first week unemployed. I have been doing some sewing, but mainly applying for jobs on line and talking a lot with DH. I am catching up with my house work and decided to clean up old stuff. We moved to this apartment this past summer and even though I gave away a lot of stuff, there is still some more to go through. Today I went to the half bathroom/storage. I reduced it to half of what was in there. I am giving away drinking glasses, plates, kitchen stuff, you name it. I did find a lot of boxes I can not part with. I have saved a lot of things my kids made for us when they were litlte like cards, foot prints, and more of that great stuff. I am holding on to that. I am exhausted now and ready for a nap, but is off to the crafts market today. They called me yesterday asking for some quilts. Wish me luck!!

Maria
Old 03-03-2010, 10:49 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Good luck!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:16 PM

.Good luck, Maria. Same thing happened to DH and I. Why do we feel the need to clean? I did the same thing you did with cupboards--prob sent 10 large boxes to Goodwill. We've lived here for 20years so you can imagine the stuff I've amassed (not quite like on Hoarders LOL).
Keep applying-the right job will come along.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Good luck.

I think it's great that you're making such good use of your time. The cleaning and decluttering needed to be done, and it's a great way to get through the first tough days. Plus, you always feel at least a little better in cleaner surroundings. And once it's done, it's not hanging over you.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Maride, keep on plugging along & work on the quilting. You might amass a customer base & make some money to tide you'll over. God has your family in his hands. Just picture in your mind these Great Big Hands, now put your smaller ones in his hands, & let him guide you for awhile through this rocky rough road. He knows the way. May he Bless you'll & shine his Light upon all of you. TTUL................
Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Lots of good and positive thoughts going your way :D:D:D
Old 03-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

Thinking about you. I know the right job is there. Just keep trying.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:58 AM

Maride - I am in the same boat. Ran a bunch of errands last week and am now at the point where I have to face the 2 boxes I brought home from work.

I found a job skills workshop at my local library. Found out they have different employer/job search databases not available to the general public. I have to use my library card # to log online to use these searches. Check out your library just to see if they have any job hunting help.

Keep your chin up. You're one step ahead of your former co-workers.