Flag Day

Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

Flag Day has become especially meaningful in my family. It's the day my Dad died and also the day one of my uncles was born. As hard as it is losing my Dad I'm glad it was on the day that honors all the people who fight for our country. He and my uncle were both veterans.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 AM

Speaking of flags, most amazing on "History" Tv chnnel about Dear Betsy Ross and the "Garrison Flag" and all restoration that has gone in to make that one still be here for future generation, long may our red, white. blue colors wave high & proud.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 AM

If some one does not like my flag...then I will proudly help them pack and show them the border! Lets hear it for our service people and all those who have served and those who have kept us free....fly them flags people!!!!
Jim made a special box for our neighbor last fall for his flags from the service. It was an honor to do so and he refused to take money for it...it was the least we could do.....

Oak Flag Box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85961[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85956.jpe  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:11 PM

My SIL almost got fired from the Bakersfield School District. They had put the MEXICAN flag in front of the USA flag on the stage. She moved it, it got moved back. She told the people there that it was wrong. They said tough. She took it to the principal and on up to the superintendent....NO ONE would back her!!!!!! Finally, she wrote her congressman. Bless his heart, he wrote the school district and said to move the flag to its proper place or face major problems. I find it UNBELIEVABLE.....we were SO trained to respect and honor it, and now the TEACHERS and SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS treat our flag that way!!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Google Goddess

we have a flag on our big flag pole all the time with a light on it