Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Flower stitch embroidery foot

Blog Entries

Flower stitch embroidery foot

Has anyone ever used the flower stitch embroidery foot. And if so is it worth the money. The cost of it on ebay is only $12.75 with free shipping. Would really like to know if anyone has tried this?

Here's a link to another thread about this foot. http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...r-t222219.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
    Here's a link to another thread about this foot. http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...r-t222219.html
    thanks for the link to the previous thread

the link to the Terri Stegmiller pdf has changed. it is now here:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23970688/circle.pdf
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Mine came with the machine I brought but haven't used it yet....one day I will....
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Just bought one for $4.99 ON AMAZON. I used on each years ago...works great.

I bought one some time ago and have never used it. I need to try it and see what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmahoney View Post
    Has anyone ever used the flower stitch embroidery foot. And if so is it worth the money. The cost of it on ebay is only $12.75 with free shipping. Would really like to know if anyone has tried this?
    Paid $25 for it here - plus an instruction book for $13. Put it on my machine which would not sew forwards and only went backwards. I have seen it work on other machines. I think you can get the same result if you stick a thumb tack onto the bed of your machine with tape. Poke it through the material and sew - it will naturally sew into a circle. I think I saw Nancy Zieman do it once to make a circle pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    thanks for the link to the previous thread

the link to the Terri Stegmiller pdf has changed. it is now here:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23970688/circle.pdf

I am going to have to try this. It looks fascinating as well as unbelievable.
    All my grand-children have paws.

I have seen Nancy see her gadget many times and it works well, but the page I just looked at above would work too.

Yes, it is very much worth it. If you like putting decorative stitches on items, it will do circles beautiful. I don't use it often, but when I do, I am happy I have it.

I have one of the cheap ones and it sews very small circles. It works great though.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.