Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Following slow vehicles

Blog Entries

Following slow vehicles

I have been on the road nearly constantly from Monday morning until last evening. I followed Many varied slow vehicles. This one took the cake... It looked like a cannon pointing directly at me! LOL

Name:  20190612 following cannon looking haul.bmp
Views: 507
Size:  389.5 KB
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; Today at 03:35 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    We live near a farming community so there are usually slow moving tractors and combines. I wish I was seeing more this year as the frequent rain has kept farmers off their fields.

Blog Entries
    oh my goodness that is so funny!
    dare to dream

Thanks for the giggle!!

Nan, if I saw that looking at me I would have made a U turn. LOL
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    We live near a farming community so there are usually slow moving tractors and combines. I wish I was seeing more this year as the frequent rain has kept farmers off their fields.
    Amen
    A lot of friends are farmers and this spring has been very stressful....
    GrannyLady - Having too much fun dressing my grandaughters.

Blog Entries
    The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is going to be about 50 miles from here next weekend and I am trying to get my DH to take to me to see it. BTW - my husband is a farmer and frequently has to drive his tractor, etc. to our other farm (about 5 miles) so, please be patient. He will pull over if he sees somebody behind him.
    Nikki in MO

I'm a farmer's daughter. Please, oh please, give the tractors the benefit of your patience. They are not out there on the roads to create a problem. They are making a living for their family and what they are transporting is Expensive equipment. They want to go home when evening comes. Please be safe while they are getting from Point A to Point B.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; Today at 03:32 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

We are about an hour from Amish country. Enough said.

Amish buggies are another prevalent thing around here. Especially on Sunday. Even late into the night they are going home from meeting. A neighbor was killed when the driver never saw the buggy.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

I respect farmers. They work hard. That does not make them good "road" drivers. A farmer on his tracker pulled out in front of a family of 5. The mother, father and infant were killed instantly. The car rolled over; a boy and girl in the back seat where trapped under the car. When the boy pulled his sister out, she was burned badly from the tail pipe.
    they took the infant and walked to a house. The farmer survived. My niece and nephew survived. The rest of my family members did not.

Quote Originally Posted by illinois View Post
    I'm a farmer's daughter. Please, oh please, give the tractors the benefit of your patience. They are not out there on the roads to create a problem. They are making a living for their family and what they are transporting is Expensive equipment. They want to go home when evening comes. Please be safe while they are getting from Point A to Point B.
    Here in SW Iowa, we aren't seeing many slow moving farm vehicles as we are still looking like a Midwest Ocean instead of fields and the little towns south of Council Bluffs and along I-29 are still flooded. Gavins Point Dam on the Missouri River just north of the Nebraska state line in South Dakota is releasing 75,000 cubic feet of water per second and will until probably fall they say, so no one has been able to plant. And poor Nebraska, the eastern half or at the least one-third was devasted by all the flooding in March. A dam on the Niobrara River not far from Gavins Point completely failed. Ranchers are selling their cattle because they have no grass to graze them on. Farmers aren't planting because there is no top soil left.

Blog Entries
    I seldom mind tractors on the road, we are surrounded by farmers. I am seldom in a hurry. We see lots of heavy equipment. It's the people who drive 60 MPH less than a car length behind me.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein