Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Food containers=Block storage? >

Food containers=Block storage?

Food containers=Block storage?

Old 11-23-2020, 09:19 AM

Wink Food containers=Block storage?

So DH does some shopping yesterday and brings home from Costco apple pie in plastic container w/clear lid, nuts in clear plastic container, and other essentials (read egg nog). I realize he really understands the life of a quilter because in various "lidded" containers in my sewing room I have ribbon, zippers, button from clothes, novelty buttons, bottles of glue and other important quilting notions. And someone once said husbands don't ________ fill in the space. Me, I need to have another slice of pie. That container is 13" diameter!!!
Old 11-23-2020, 10:09 AM

Oh, yes! I use my empty food containers for many things! You have a great man there, thinking of you and how he could help!
Old 11-23-2020, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

I like the see through plastic containers too. My favorite stash holders are the big cheese ball containers. I'm happy to buy them for the grands knowing I'll get the container. LOL.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:39 PM

My GF uses lots of those chees ball jugs.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

I knew there was a reason I bought that pumpkin cheesecake at Costco. Storage! (That's my answer and I'm sticking with it.)
Old 11-23-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I knew there was a reason I bought that pumpkin cheesecake at Costco. Storage! (That's my answer and I'm sticking with it.)
Lol...yes, that’s definitely why...
Old 11-23-2020, 08:06 PM

I had a Plastic bin with lid that had candy in and when that was empty I used it to organize all the small things my HB brought up to the trailer this summer. I did not tell him and he thought he lost some important stuff like his portable Hard Drives for back up. When we were packing up at the end of season I said here are the things you were looking for in this container. He saw the container on the shelf but did not look in it. I felt bad that he worried.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:29 AM

My favorite reusable container is the clear plastic teddy bear that came with animal crackers. I store my cereal in it. It always makes me smile.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:36 AM

My DH doesn't buy anything really but does let me get anything I want be it fabric, notions Accuquilt dies or machines as long as the budget can support it. I don't use a lot of plastic containers. I use plastic baggies most of the time for extra pieces .
Old 11-25-2020, 07:18 AM

Apple pie is gone so I have a 12" diameter clear lid container. DH asked if I want it...of course...just not sure how long I'll keep it...lol