Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Foodgawker and Craftgawker

Foodgawker and Craftgawker

Does anyone else use foodgawker.com? Any time I want to make something a little different I check there. It has thousands and thousands of recipes. When I searched, it came up with almost 5000 muffin recipes, 62 when I specifically searched for pear muffins. Each has a picture you click on to take you to the person's blog who posted it, kind of like a specialized pinterest. There is also craftgawker, stylegawker, dwellinggawker and weddinggawker. I know, another time waster, but interesting.

I love Foodgawker! I've made some good recipes from there. Craftgawker I was not as impressed with but I might try it again. I'm going to check out Dwellinggawker. So much fun!

I have never heard of foodgawker, but I just went to the site and found a recipe for sugar cookies that looks really yummy! Thanks for mentionning this site. I'm looking forward to using it often!

I have been to both sites occasionally, but my heart goes with Pinterest.

I had not heard of it. I will have to try it

Blog Entries
    Just went to the sight. Thanks for another cooking source. Can always use new ideas

Blog Entries
    I had never heard of it either so i went and checked it out. Looks interesting. I thought this looked good http://minimalistbaker.com/smores-ho...er-e-cookbook/
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I just checked the site and found a recipe right away I'll try. Thanks for telling us about this.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

I use both. I think I probably use Foodgawker more as Craftgawker didn't have enough quilts for me to look at! I love Pintrest for looking at quilts too.

New sites to me. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for sharing.

When I'm not in the mood to cook looking at gorgeous food pictures can be inspiring. People who have talent with a camera can make the most mundane food look scrumptious. When I want a tried and true recipe I seem to have better luck with either my old faithful Better Homes and Gardens cookbook or allrecipes.com or cooks.com. The ratings and reviews are often helpful. Of course, in all food related sites it seems to me that the most popular items are the ones that are heaviest in fat, sugar and salt. Human nature!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire