found in my garden

Old 06-07-2011, 05:51 AM

lol! I dont like bugs either, and hate hate hate spiders - but, when I have big (I mean HUGE here) spiders in the house, living in window casings, I feed them flies (I checked wiki said all a spider needs is maybe 5 - 6 flies over a lifetime) and as soon as I can capture them out of the house they go!
I dont mind a moth or butterfly cus I dont think they can bite (this particular moth eats only as a catterpiller and as a moth doesnt eat at all, only lives a month or 2) sharet
Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Banned

Just beautiful!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:56 AM

It is gorgeous!! Aren't God's creations beautiful?!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by arimuse
lol! I dont like bugs either, and hate hate hate spiders - but, when I have big (I mean HUGE here) spiders in the house, living in window casings, I feed them flies (I checked wiki said all a spider needs is maybe 5 - 6 flies over a lifetime) and as soon as I can capture them out of the house they go!
I dont mind a moth or butterfly cus I dont think they can bite (this particular moth eats only as a catterpiller and as a moth doesnt eat at all, only lives a month or 2) sharet
I know it's a bit of a silly fear since they can't bite, but I just hate to picture their little flurry bodies fluttering on me lol, been that way since I was little.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM

I know it's a bit of a silly fear since they can't bite, but I just hate to picture their little flurry bodies fluttering on me lol, been that way since I was little.[/quote]

I dont like spiders cus when I was about 4 I was playing w/ wood scraps (my "block box") and found a spider and it was so great and I let it crawl all over me and it bit me on the back of my hand which swelled up like a rubber dish glove, lol! It was a black widow - so how was I to know! Up until then the only spiders I saw where in 30s cartoons they ran on 50s tv! I know my spiders now! and most bugs where I live. Even the "nice, helpful" bugs like lady bugs bite! I know they dont mean to, they are so little its their only defence, but it freaks me out. sharet
Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 PM

it is beautiful ,but Ithink it is a moth.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by arimuse
I dont like spiders cus when I was about 4 I was playing w/ wood scraps (my "block box") and found a spider and it was so great and I let it crawl all over me and it bit me on the back of my hand which swelled up like a rubber dish glove, lol! It was a black widow - so how was I to know! Up until then the only spiders I saw where in 30s cartoons they ran on 50s tv! I know my spiders now! and most bugs where I live. Even the "nice, helpful" bugs like lady bugs bite! I know they dont mean to, they are so little its their only defence, but it freaks me out. sharet
lol no wonder you hate them if that was your first experience. That's so darling that you thought it was great and let it crawl on you though.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 AM

you know, I think little kids are mostly fearless cus they just dont know anything. They eat bad things, cuddle up to harmful things, everything is so new and great. Its too bad some parents/adults go overboard and scare the byjeepers out of them trying to protect them. I think I read somewhere the only innate fear a human has is of height - like a baby wont crawl over a glass tabletop when it sees the floor underneath.
I didnt mind the spider cus my grandfather had a book, from the 10s or 20s? called daddy longlegs or benjamin owl and it had pictures. One of the characters was a daddy lonbglegs spider who wore orange plaid pants and this spider I picked up looked like him only no pants - lol. Maybe thats why orange is my least fav color! sharet
Old 06-08-2011, 05:42 AM

If you leave your gardening boots, shoes, and gloves in the yard or garage etc. Always squeeze the fingers of your gloves and shake out you foot wear before putting them on. Spiders love dark places.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:54 AM

How gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.